I'm declining at _________.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declined Admission: Regis, CU Denver, Midwestern Glendale AZ, Franklin Pierce NH & AZ, UMiami, UNE, UWashington.

Attending: Chapman University

Members don't see this ad.

@tomu0999 Congrats on all your acceptances!

May I ask which start date you are attending for Chapman, Summer or Fall?

Declined University of Kentucky today for anyone on their wait list!! Congratulations to everyone starting DPT school this year!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Declined University of Kentucky today for anyone on their wait list!! Congratulations to everyone starting DPT school this year![

I am on the alternate list at UK, is there is difference between that and a waitlist or do some schools just use a different term. Were you considered in-state?

I'm sure alternate and wait list are the same thing. I'm out-of-state but could file for in-state if I wanted to since I've lived in Kentucky for the past 4 years.

I'm sure alternate and wait list are the same thing. I'm out-of-state but could file for in-state if I wanted to since I've lived in Kentucky for the past 4 years.

I hope so!! Trying not to get overly excited in case there is a difference :)

Anyone else declining at University of Kentucky? I am on the waitlist there and hoping to take someone's seat who decides to go elsewhere +pity+

Is anyone planning to decline at AT Still? I am also on the waitlist and am wondering if anyone is considering going elsewhere so that a seat may open up.

If your on a waitlist, is it worth calling just to follow up and ask how the waitlist works? I know it's self explanatory but maybe you'll get a better idea as to the schools method. I'm on 2 waitlists.

If your on a waitlist, is it worth calling just to follow up and ask how the waitlist works? I know it's self explanatory but maybe you'll get a better idea as to the schools method. I'm on 2 waitlists.
Most definitely. You spent hundreds of dollars applying to these schools. You have all the right to know where you are on the list and how it works. They should have no problems helping you.

Most definitely. You spent hundreds of dollars applying to these schools. You have all the right to know where you are on the list and how it works. They should have no problems helping you.

Thanks for the feedback! I already contacted them in regards to the details of their waitlist ... just need a seat or two to open up and was wondering if anyone is even considering a different school.

Declined today at Nova, FIU, and Rocky Mountain U. I'll be attending Boston University!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback! I already contacted them in regards to the details of their waitlist ... just need a seat or two to open up and was wondering if anyone is even considering a different school.
If you don't mind, what did that conversation look like. I plan on calling a school I am waitlisted on, they said they do not rank so was thinking of appropriate ways to bring up whether I am near the top or bottom of the list. Thank you.

Declining at Touro U, Nevada, I've also heard from a friend who also got in he's declining as well. 2 spots should open up within the next week.

Anyone currently accepted at U Miami, planning on giving up their seat due to another acceptance?

Declined my spot at University of Southern California earlier today. Hope that helps out someone here!

Declined acceptance at Emory and Henry College. Off to Angelo State in two weeks! Good luck folks...

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone declining at Marymount? Unfortunately, Im on the waiting list.

Is anyone declining at

Last edited:
I declined at TWU, UTMB, Angelo State, and UNT.

I will be going to Texas State University.

Reactions: 3 users
I only have one acceptance at the moment so I won't be declining it yet lol.
I did decline interviews at:
Marshall
Bellarmine
Indiana State

Will probably decline waitlist at:
Evansville
Walsh U

I only have one acceptance at the moment so I won't be declining it yet lol.
I did decline interviews at:
Marshall
Bellarmine
Indiana State

Will probably decline waitlist at:
Evansville
Walsh U
Did you hear from Walsh U and evansville then?? I applied to both and haven't heard a thing!

Did you hear from Walsh U and evansville then?? I applied to both and haven't heard a thing!
Walsh held interviews, which I was not invited to. However they emailed me a couple days ago requesting that I send them my academic update ASAP. (I haven't officially been rejected, and I think I'm somewhere in the mix). I'm not going to Walsh regardless anymore, so I should probably just withdraw my application.

Evansville emailed me 12/14 saying I'm on a wait list for an interview offer (almost the same situation as Walsh). Evansville already sent out their first round of interviews. Again, I most likely won't go here, and should withdraw my application as well.

Note: My brother interviewed at Walsh in October and was waitlisted for an admission offer, so I'm super confused as to what they're doing keeping people on a waitlist for more interviews haha. Another possibility: I could have been rejected from Walsh, and that academic update email was just sent to everyone who applied originally (did you receive it?).

Here's the email from Evansville:

upload_2016-12-10_12-0-33.png

Good luck!

Walsh held interviews, which I was not invited to. However they emailed me a couple days ago requesting that I send them my academic update ASAP. (I haven't officially been rejected, and I think I'm somewhere in the mix). I'm not going to Walsh regardless anymore, so I should probably just withdraw my application.

Evansville emailed me 12/14 saying I'm on a wait list for an interview offer (almost the same situation as Walsh). Evansville already sent out their first round of interviews. Again, I most likely won't go here, and should withdraw my application as well.

Note: My brother interviewed at Walsh in October and was waitlisted for an admission offer, so I'm super confused as to what they're doing keeping people on a waitlist for more interviews haha. Another possibility: I could have been rejected from Walsh, and that academic update email was just sent to everyone who applied originally (did you receive it?).

Here's the email from Evansville:

View attachment 211800

Good luck!

Yes I did see that! Thank you for clarifying I just wanted to make sure I was on the same page and didn't need to call!!

declining at... nowhere since i havent got in anywhere yet hahah

Reactions: 13 users
I'm declining at CSUF, Touro, and UNLV

Declining my spot at Northwestern. Hope that ends up helping someone!

Declining: Thomas Jefferson University

Attending: University of Maryland Baltimore

Declining my spot at Radford because I was just accepted to an in-state school!

Declining: Radford spot, Shenandoah interview, may decline Emory interview (love the program but still considering if worth the cost)

Congrats on Duke! What made you pick Duke over Northwestern?
@Hopefulpt33 Thank you! It was a hard decision because northwestern has an amazing program and a focus on neuroscience and neurology which I'm really interested in! But for me it came down to the weather (can't stand wind and below zero temperatures), cost of living (Durham is way cheaper than Evanston or even Chicago), and clinical affiliations and Dukes focus on global outreach. Plus, Dukes tuition is a little cheaper than northwestern too!

Declining Franklin pierce NH and AZ campuses, hope this helps somebody!

I was just accepted to VCU's DPT program today and will be declining since I have already been accepted to another school which was my top choice. I hope this helps someone!

I declined interviews at shenandoah, missouri state and tennessee state and I declined an admissions offer at Mount St Joseph.

Declined New York University & declined interview at College of Staten Island

I declined NOVA Southeastern - Tampa
Withdrew myself from consideration for Walsh University
I will be attending Wingate University

Last edited:
Declined Admission: Regis, CU Denver, Midwestern Glendale AZ, Franklin Pierce NH & AZ, UMiami, UNE, UWashington.

Attending: Chapman University
Did you have like a 4.0 and 320 5 gre? Lol

Declined interviews at CU Denver, Iowa, and Mayo.
Declined admission at Wash U, Northwestern, Bellarmine, U Cincinnati, Ohio U

Accepting University of Illinois Chicago

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Declined interviews at CU Denver, Iowa, and Mayo.
Declined admission at Wash U, Northwestern, Bellarmine, U Cincinnati, Ohio U

Accepting University of Illinois Chicago

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Can I ask, what are your stats?

Declined interviews at Evansville, Mount St. Joseph
Declined admission at Wingate, Bellarmine, Franklin Pierce NH & AZ

Attending University of Cincinnati :)

Reactions: 2 users