Illinois MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sxnny

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the IL MPJE in a week. Does anyone have any tips or on what to study? I have Rickerts study guide, but is there anything else to be used that helps? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently trying to obtain dr rickerts study material as I moving from california, do you have any suggestions on how I can purchase that?

1547 Warren Avenue

Downers Grove, IL 60515

[email protected]

here is the contact info.
Thank you. I emailed him last week at that email but received no response. I guess I'll just have to read all the laws on the Illinois website and hope for the best. I wonder how other people are getting through to him via email. I used the same one.

Members don't see this ad :)
@PharmD500
You're welcome. Hope he responses soon.
A book I used for MPJE is
Pharmacy Law—Examination and Board Review
William J. Feinberg
ISBN 978-0-07-174751-6

I found it on Access Pharmacy. Dr. Rickert is one of contributors. Illinois part a summarized version of his study guide.

Reactions: 1 user
He emailed me back hours after I had taken the IL mpje. Go figure. Lol. That test was tricky. I hope I passed.

@PharmD500 I am not sure. Illinois is my primary state. You can try at least. Otherwise, you will receive by mail in about 2-3 weeks.

Yes, I passed. I wasn't able to get Rickert's material. I just read the laws on the IL board of pharmacy website. It was boring, and a lot of info, but I passed.

Hi I am taking the IL MPJE this week, have been licensed in California for a few years and wasn't able to get a copy of rickerts material. Do you think the material from the IL board is sufficient? I'm a little nervous seeing as though a lot of people have said it's a tricky exam

Hi I am taking the IL MPJE this week, have been licensed in California for a few years and wasn't able to get a copy of rickerts material. Do you think the material from the IL board is sufficient? I'm a little nervous seeing as though a lot of people have said it's a tricky exam
It is a very tricky exam. I think MPJE can be tricky for any state, but the one thing I noticed for IL was that some of the questions were not even covered in the laws and regulations on the website. I did not experience that with other states.
Since I was not able to obtain Rickert's material, I had no choice but to study the laws and regulations on the IL board's website. IL does not allow NABP to release scores, and IL also did not release my score even though I called and emailed them. Therefore, I can't tell you if I did well on the exam or just barely passed. I found out I passed by checking their website periodically and finding out I was licensed. Then, they sent me an email confirming that I was licensed.
If you still can't get a hold of Rickert's materials, I recommend reading the laws and regulations on IL Board's website (for the state portion) AND looking through MPJE bulletin and making sure you know each bullet point. That way, if that particular topic is not addressed in the laws and regulation on the website, you can do a google search and find the info some other way. I wish you luck.

How long after you took the exam was your status updated as licensed on their website? Thanks!

It is a very tricky exam. I think MPJE can be tricky for any state, but the one thing I noticed for IL was that some of the questions were not even covered in the laws and regulations on the website. I did not experience that with other states.
Since I was not able to obtain Rickert's material, I had no choice but to study the laws and regulations on the IL board's website. IL does not allow NABP to release scores, and IL also did not release my score even though I called and emailed them. Therefore, I can't tell you if I did well on the exam or just barely passed. I found out I passed by checking their website periodically and finding out I was licensed. Then, they sent me an email confirming that I was licensed.
If you still can't get a hold of Rickert's materials, I recommend reading the laws and regulations on IL Board's website (for the state portion) AND looking through MPJE bulletin and making sure you know each bullet point. That way, if that particular topic is not addressed in the laws and regulation on the website, you can do a google search and find the info some other way. I wish you luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
@PharmD500
You're welcome. Hope he responses soon.
A book I used for MPJE is
Pharmacy Law—Examination and Board Review
William J. Feinberg
ISBN 978-0-07-174751-6

I found it on Access Pharmacy. Dr. Rickert is one of contributors. Illinois part a summarized version of his study guide.

Be careful. This was last updated in 2010 and there have been some changes in law (e.g. telepharmacy etc.)

Hi Any tips on the exam?
I couldn't get Rickert's guide so I just read the laws on the IL Board of pharmacy website, and passed. It's boring, but it's free. It takes less than a week of studying.

In addition, make sure to read the competencies in the MPJE bulletin, and make sure you know the answer to each one. I skipped this part. I just glanced over them, but there were some topics that were listed in the competencies that were on the test, but weren't covered on the IL BOP website.

Good luck.

Anyone have a link to study material for the Illinois MPJE? I'm going to contact Dr. Rickert for his material, but looking for any other helpful slides or books.

Does anyone have Dr. Rickert's notes? I'd appreciate it if someone would send it to me as I tried contacting the email above and didn't get a response! Thanks!