Idaho State University 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happycroc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am applying to ISU this year, I was wondering if someone could give me when they send admission or rejection or alternate list letters to applicants and how they send those letters (emails, call, or old-fashioned mail?)

I will be out of country for the next six months so I would like to prepare on the method of communication regarding admission stuff, since this is freaking IMPORTANT news! I don't want to miss it.

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am applying to ISU this year, I was wondering if someone could give me when they send admission or rejection or alternate list letters to applicants and how they send those letters (emails, call, or old-fashioned mail?)

I will be out of country for the next six months so I would like to prepare on the method of communication regarding admission stuff, since this is freaking IMPORTANT news! I don't want to miss it.

Thank you in advance

I got an email in mid to late February, and then a letter a few days later. It felt like radio silence leading up to that. I feel like I only got the email because I had emailed nelda wondering what was going on. So let her know your situation. Otherwise just expect snailmail.

Reactions: 1 user

I've received two emails from IDS's graduate school (not the DPT program) about submitting necessary documents, even though I have turned everything in. I wonder if its just a mass email that they send out to all applicants. I hope that I receive something from their DPT program soon :nailbiting:.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've received two emails from IDS's graduate school (not the DPT program) about submitting necessary documents, even though I have turned everything in. I wonder if its just a mass email that they send out to all applicants. I hope that I receive something from their DPT program soon :nailbiting:.
I am not sure I am following this but did you mean you recently got an email from graduate school admission office? I have not received anything... which makes me nervous... oh my gosh..

Same here, I really wish to hear from them soon. I left a voice message to Nelda about a week ago, asking how things are going, but I have not heard from her yet.
If you don't mind asking, do you know whether they are opening their program in Meridian ISU campus starting this application cycle. From what I've heard from admission office, they are letting accepted students to choose the campus (Pocatello vs. Meridian). i was just wondering if you heard that news or not.
Lastly, Good Luck to you and me both!!!

I got an email in mid to late February, and then a letter a few days later. It felt like radio silence leading up to that. I feel like I only got the email because I had emailed nelda wondering what was going on. So let her know your situation. Otherwise just expect snailmail.

Thank you very much Katelly. This gives me a little bit of relief from very tiring waiting game. Thanks again!!!

I am not sure I am following this but did you mean you recently got an email from graduate school admission office? I have not received anything... which makes me nervous... oh my gosh..

Same here, I really wish to hear from them soon. I left a voice message to Nelda about a week ago, asking how things are going, but I have not heard from her yet.
If you don't mind asking, do you know whether they are opening their program in Meridian ISU campus starting this application cycle. From what I've heard from admission office, they are letting accepted students to choose the campus (Pocatello vs. Meridian). i was just wondering if you heard that news or not.

So the title of the first email I received was: Idaho State University Application Status Awaiting Materials (received December 6, 2016). The second email was titled: Idaho State University Graduate School-Degree Seeking Application Acknowledgment (received December 19, 2016). I have not heard any official news about the Meridian campus. I read on another forum post that it would likely be opening up next application cycle, but I guess it is possible that they will be having this year's applicant pool choose between the two campuses. Good luck as well! I will keep you updated!

SO . . . I found this article about the two campuses: http://www.mymeridianpress.com/news...cle_35a6a7b4-78f1-11e3-a2c2-001a4bcf887a.html

In the article they state that PT and OT programs will be brought to MERIDIAN in 2016. So maybe they will be taking in new students this year! Yay!

I have not. Have you heard of anyone else receiving notification?

Nope. I called ISU DPT deparment yesterday about something else and they just mentioned look out for an email for the next 2-4 weeks.

This waiting game is driving me crazy! Has anyone else had to pay a deposit and accept a spot at another school as a back up? I wish they all had the same timelines :/

This waiting game is driving me crazy! Has anyone else had to pay a deposit and accept a spot at another school as a back up? I wish they all had the same timelines :/

Yea. I had to do that with MGH. Im probably going to end up attending, but I'd at least like to know what ISU says first.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got an email from ISU today.

"I wanted to let each of you know that our Admission's Committee has not been able to complete the application process yet due to circumstances beyond our control. We expected to get notices out by the end of January, but were unable to. We should have them out within 2 weeks.

I apologize for the delay."

Have you guys received this email??

Members don't see this ad :)

"I wanted to let each of you know that our Admission's Committee has not been able to complete the application process yet due to circumstances beyond our control. We expected to get notices out by the end of January, but were unable to. We should have them out within 2 weeks.

Nope.

No!! But it makes me nervous that I didn't get that

I also received this email... Maybe they're sending out at different times today?? I talked to them on Tuesday last week and the Graduate school was just barely getting the GPA's calculated and then sending the whole application to the DPT department to review. So if we were lucky the DPT program started deliberating last Wednesday.. may be awhile before we know folks :(

Yep! Received it this morning.

So I just called them, and they were all of a sudden able to find the 2 transcripts and GRE scores that they claimed I never sent, yet had sent in November, and had been going back and forth through emails trying to get someone to look for them and answer me back. Smh

So I just called them, and they were all of a sudden able to find the 2 transcripts and GRE scores that they claimed I never sent, yet had sent in November, and had been going back and forth through emails trying to get someone to look for them and answer me back. Smh

Did they call to tell you that you were missing stuff or something?
Still no email over here

Apparently, open house for this year is cancelled.

Did they call to tell you that you were missing stuff or something?
Still no email over here

No. I was periodically checking my app status on the grad school website to make sure everything had arrived, yet it was still saying I was missing materials months after had I sent them.

Were you able to fix the problem??

Apparently, open house for this year is cancelled.

Good thing I changed all my vacation around to make sure I was in Idaho that weekend Oh well. I just called and she says a lot of people are already set to go just waiting on a few to place and then we'll hear

Good thing I changed all my vacation around to make sure I was in Idaho that weekend Oh well. I just called and she says a lot of people are already set to go just waiting on a few to place and then we'll hear

Sorry to hear that.. same thing happened last year according to some posts from this forum

Btw
What do you mean by a lot of people are set to go?

Sorry to hear that.. same thing happened last year according to some posts from this forum

Btw
What do you mean by a lot of people are set to go?

That most people have been ranked already and they are waiting to place the last few. Sorry I didn't mean that to sound as if anyone has heard yet!!

That most people have been ranked already and they are waiting to place the last few. Sorry I didn't mean that to sound as if anyone has heard yet!!

No need to be sorry.

At least it is a good news that they are almost done with admission decision.

And did you get that delay notice email?

No need to be sorry.

At least it is a good news that they are almost done with admission decision.

And did you get that delay notice email?

Nope! Which is making me wonder if I gave the right email, looks like Nelda is getting another call from me tomorrow!

Nope! Which is making me wonder if I gave the right email, looks like Nelda is getting another call from me tomorrow!

Haha. She is a nice lady~ hope everything work out for you!!

Haha. She is a nice lady~ hope everything work out for you!!

She really is! Whenever I call she is more than happy to help! Which is really nice because I'm sure they're more than busy right about now

She really is! Whenever I call she is more than happy to help! Which is really nice because I'm sure they're more than busy right about now

Just received an email of acceptance! Anyone else?!

Congrats!!! @k3DPT

I got an acceptance email as well!

Looks like we are going to be classmates!

If I don't hear in the next 25 minutes... this is going to be a long weekend lol

Congrats to both of you

If I don't hear in the next 25 minutes... this is going to be a long weekend lol

Congrats to both of you
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Last edited:

Congrats to both of you

I'm waiting for this weekend as well. I called them yesterday after I checked my status online that showed I was missing a transcript...one of the same transcripts that I called about couple of days ago, was assured that it was received, and that my application was complete. Very frustrating...

I'm waiting for this weekend as well. I called them yesterday after I checked my status online that showed I was missing a transcript...one of the same transcripts that I called about couple of days ago, was assured that it was received, and that my application was complete. Very frustrating...

I'm very surprised they would do this! Why wouldn't they notify everyone, they must know we communicate. I've accepted that this means I'm waitlisted or denied

I also received my acceptance yesterday. Additionally, my online status shows that I am "missing" components, which they do in fact have. I wouldn't read too much into it, as it seem this process is pretty disorganized. Have any of you heard news of them opening up the DPT program on the meridian campus this year? I sent Nelda an email Friday but have yet to hear back. Personally, that a huge factor in my final decision.

Best of luck to those of you still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 1 users
I also received my acceptance yesterday. Additionally, my online status shows that I am "missing" components, which they do in fact have. I wouldn't read too much into it, as it seem this process is pretty disorganized. Have any of you heard news of them opening up the DPT program on the meridian campus this year? I sent Nelda an email Friday but have yet to hear back. Personally, that a huge factor in my final decision.

Damn. Hope they didn't send all the acceptance emails out yesterday

I met with Nelda and Dr Dye yesterday and they said meridian opens next year and this years class will not have an option to transfer there once it opens. Once you're in Pocatello, you're there for all 3 years

I met with Nelda and Dr Dye yesterday and they said meridian opens next year and this years class will not have an option to transfer there once it opens. Once you're in Pocatello, you're there for all 3 years

Oh ok. I guess that's for the better. Probably would be a hassle transferring campuses in the midst of an intense academic program. Did they tell you anything about an offer?

Oh ok. I guess that's for the better. Probably would be a hassle transferring campuses in the midst of an intense academic program. Did they tell you anything about an offer?

No, they said everyone would know in the next two weeks. But apparently they didn't have my academic update so they had me deficient in two classes so I was no longer under consideration. Luckily we straightened it all out and I'm really hoping to hear some good news soon! So thankful I actually went in or else I would have never known!

Has anyone heard anything else from Idaho State? I got this email on February 24th.

"I want to apologize for the amount of time that it is taking us to get letters out to concerning acceptances or not. We have sent out a few but the Admission's Committee Members have not completed all of their deliberations. I would like to tell you that it should be next week but I can't promise anything. When we do send them out I will send them by US Postal Service and an Email to each of you."

Has anyone been accepted since the 24th?

Has anyone heard anything else from Idaho State? I got this email on February 24th.

"I want to apologize for the amount of time that it is taking us to get letters out to concerning acceptances or not. We have sent out a few but the Admission's Committee Members have not completed all of their deliberations. I would like to tell you that it should be next week but I can't promise anything. When we do send them out I will send them by US Postal Service and an Email to each of you."

Has anyone been accepted since the 24th?
I called and talked to either Nelda or Fay and I was told that I was on an alternate list. She then told me that they are being held up because one of the people on the admissions committee is not there full time (they commute from Waco, TX).

Last edited:
Just found out I'm accepted!!!

Just found out I'm accepted!!!

Congrats!

Is anyone who got accepted to ISU attending there? I am! I would like to connect with someone who is attending, so let me know!

I found out yesterday that I am an alternate. Good grief it took them a long time to get back!

anyone know if there is a facebook group yet?