Idaho State Univeristy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Knguyen1291

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody has any tip for ISU pharmacy interview for entering class 2016?

Members don't see this ad.

I had mine a week ago. Don't stress about it too much. The interviewers are amazing and try to make u feel a little more relaxed. It's mainly ethicals questions . If you have any questions let me know

I will have my interview next week. How long was it? How many people interviewed you? Did they ask you to write an essay? Thanks a lot. Your respond makes me feel so relief. I couldn't find any thread on ISU.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will have my interview next week. How long was it? How many people interviewed you? Did they ask you to write an essay? Thanks a lot. Your respond makes me feel so relief. I couldn't find any thread on ISU.

I actually just got my acceptance letter today. There is an essay that you will write after a case study discussions with your fellow interviewers. There is no right or wrong answer. Just right your opinion and check your essay for errors. It took 5 hours but there are breaks in between where you can sit, eat, have informal conversations or chat with some of the Dr. interviewing. Don't talk about your grades how smart you are, they know thats why u were selected for an interview. People normally have high GPA's but not really mature so they get rejected. Just know that everyone there is academically qualified. They want to see how mature you are, how well u can handle failures. Just chill for now and if u are 21 get a beer and relax. Dont go around reading possible pharmacist interviews questions it will just freak you out more. Again try to relax and just think about your ability your handle pressures and failures because it is a difficult program. Also think of ways u will handle ethical problems when faced with one. those are the kind of scenarios u will be placed in. If u have any more question just ask and good look

Congratulations. Thank you very much for your advices. I will try to relax. Hope we can be classmates.

I actually just got my acceptance letter today. There is an essay that you will write after a case study discussions with your fellow interviewers. There is no right or wrong answer. Just right your opinion and check your essay for errors. It took 5 hours but there are breaks in between where you can sit, eat, have informal conversations or chat with some of the Dr. interviewing. Don't talk about your grades how smart you are, they know thats why u were selected for an interview. People normally have high GPA's but not really mature so they get rejected. Just know that everyone there is academically qualified. They want to see how mature you are, how well u can handle failures. Just chill for now and if u are 21 get a beer and relax. Dont go around reading possible pharmacist interviews questions it will just freak you out more. Again try to relax and just think about your ability your handle pressures and failures because it is a difficult program. Also think of ways u will handle ethical problems when faced with one. those are the kind of scenarios u will be placed in. If u have any more question just ask and good look

I thought they were going to send out acceptances after the 11th for Idaho State Pharmacy? At least that's what the email said?

I'm pretty nervous too! It's my first time interviewing for pharmacy school. I don't have a bachelors, and my gpa is like a 3.3. But I'm hoping my pharmacy experience will help.

I thought they were going to send out acceptances after the 11th for Idaho State Pharmacy? At least that's what the email said?
yeah it might have but they do have early acceptance and also I think they do have rolling admission.

I'm pretty nervous too! It's my first time interviewing for pharmacy school. I don't have a bachelors, and my gpa is like a 3.3. But I'm hoping my pharmacy experience will help.
Everyone interviewing met the criteria. Try to stand out . Don't sound too rehearsed. Be yourself. it's a very relaxed environment. They also look at how u interact with the others. We spoke mainly about family, sports and weather during our breaks . Good luck

Last edited:
Everyone interviewing met the criteria. Try to stand out . Don't sound too rehearsed. Be yourself. it's a very relaxed environment. They also look at how u interact with the others. We spoke mainly about family, sports and weather during our breaks . Good luck
That makes sense about early admission. I didn't know ISU did that. Congrats on getting in! Do you know what campus you'll be at?

I have my interview next week, I am just little nervous about the case study discussion and the writing assessments (topics) , would somebody give me some tips, I would really appreciate it. Thank you

I have my interview next week, I am just little nervous about the case study discussion and the writing assessments (topics) , would somebody give me some tips, I would really appreciate it. Thank you
Don't be. It's chill. once you u begin the nervousness goes away. the topic varies but they are practical questions that anyone who has worked in retail pharmacy or retail in general can answer. As long as you are good with interacting and talking in a group you will be good. IF u are shy just try to engage in the discussion. Ours was pretty fun because there was a dis-agreement among us about how to handle the situation and they loved it. If someone comes up with a good idea u like reference them and expand on that . That's actually the easiest aspect of the interview . You are given real life scenarios and asked what you will do if u were faced with such a problem. I always asked before I answer what would tom and Jerry do. just kidding. Seriously goo luck to you

Well, interviews are over ! Good luck to everyone :) let the waiting begin!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just had mine. They said they won't send out acceptance letter till the beginning of April. The interview process was tough to me, but I'm so glad that's over with.

I got my snail mail and email today! Got accepted! :)
I sent in my deposit. Does anyone know when they verify what campus we are at?

It should be stated on your acceptance letter

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
mine doesn't say! it just said that locations will be assigned by order confirmations are received. Maybe because I put no preference in my original application.

I got accepted and I'm going to Pocatello :)

Reactions: 1 user
Did any of you get accepted without very much pharmacy experience? I only have about 25 hours shadowing experience at a hospital pharmacy.

I was accepted and will be at the meridian campus. Is anyone else choosing meridian? Anyone looking for a roommate?
I too was accepted at the Meridian campus. Do you still need a roommate?

Ngoc89074,
Do you realize that they probably aren't looking anymore? He wrote his comment too far back to be a p1. I think he's a p2 now. I suppose if he still checks sdn, and currently needs a roommate that'd be cool for you. Congrats on getting in, I did too.

Last edited: