ICU Resources and Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RookTookIt

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all. I'll be starting out my intern year on ICU. Any recommendations for good resources including books/apps/podcasts/whatever? My plan is to briefly remind myself of acid/base stuff, fluids, vents, and sepsis. Anything else? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

The ICU book by Marino is very readable. I would recommend just reading about ventilators, intubation, weaning, pressers, before starting. Nothing else will be foreign and will be easily picked up.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone recommend any cardiac ICU-specific books or resources to read beforehand? Things that would help prepare specifically for the cardiac ICU?

I was looking for resources and found this. Bought the books and they were definitely helpful for my rotation last month. Books were super in-depth, but the attendings were impressed when I had them during rounds

Would anyone recommend any cardiac ICU-specific books or resources to read beforehand? Things that would help prepare specifically for the cardiac ICU?

is it a cardiac surgical unit? if so you want : Amazon product

if its a CCU/cards place, i got nothing