ICU locums

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mochief2000

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Highly considering locum after finishing fellowship and curious about average hourly pay rate. Does anyone have any experience with locums and pay rate. Also, if you have experience with locums how has it been? what has been you expected procedures (cvc,art lines, bronchs). I am Pulm/Crit, but do most of these jobs want SICU coverage, MICU coverage or both. I did do a search and did find threads about salary, but not locum pay rates..Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Highly considering locum after finishing fellowship and curious about average hourly pay rate. Does anyone have any experience with locums and pay rate. Also, if you have experience with locums how has it been? what has been you expected procedures (cvc,art lines, bronchs). I am Pulm/Crit, but do most of these jobs want SICU coverage, MICU coverage or both. I did do a search and did find threads about salary, but not locum pay rates..Thanks in advance

You probably want to be getting around $2500 per day. For 10-15 patients.

I might ask for 2500 per day plus rvu at $55 per for all procedures and any every patient you see over 15 whether new admit, new consult, or follow up.

Reactions: 3 users

Recruiters will try to hit you with 180-200hr , but you will Be twerking 'till the break of dawn for those gigs.

What jdh suggested if you can get it would be great. Try to use recruiters as a last resource, you may even contact the hospitals directly or ask around your Peers.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
life situation changed and now i need some advice! I am about to graduate this coming cycle from a pulm/cc fellowship. current boss offering about 350k. I am no longer tied to anyone or any place but I was wondering about doing some sort of locums pulm/cc gig, keeping my place in vegas and figuring out what the requisite amount of time i need to be here for me to not have to pay state tax (nv has not state income tax). I was thinking of setting up my own llc/pllc or something like that and hustling while a bit younger but still contributing to sep-ira and what not. I figured this way I could pay off debt from student loans and my vegas condo before settling for a full time type of gig where the focus is more on having a steady salary with benefits inclusive of health, vision, dental, 401k with matching. I would love to hear different options you guys can recommend. I don't mind doing a week in vegas and a week elsewhere or something like that?

I live in NV. I do locums anesthesia. Wherever state you go to and earn, you have to pay their taxes is what I believe.
Good luck. What kind of money are you looking to make?