ICO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waapo2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I have an interview coming up at ICO. I've heard that ICO will question your OAT or grades if they are low. Do you think they'll question me on my stats? But I do have an explanation for everything. However, I just want your opinions.
Here are my stats:
CUM GPA: 3.46
SCI GPA: 3.15
AA OAT: 300
TS OAT: 310
PHYS: 280
CR: 290
QR: 290
BIO:310
GEN CHEM:320
ORG: 320

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I have an interview coming up at ICO. I've heard that ICO will question your OAT or grades if they are low. Do you think they'll question me on my stats? But I do have an explanation for everything. However, I just want your opinions.
Here are my stats:
CUM GPA: 3.46
SCI GPA: 3.15
AA OAT: 300
TS OAT: 310
PHYS: 280
CR: 290
QR: 290
BIO:310
GEN CHEM:320
ORG: 320
I have the exact same stats as you for OAT except there is a difference in our GPA's. I am really curious about an answer to your questions as well- as I feel the same way! Am also applying to ICU and am nervous about what they are going to tell me.

I interviewed at ICO last cycle (2017) and they really go into your grades and scores when they review your academics. Make sure to explain any grades or why you scored lower in some areas... they will take how you respond and see how well prepared you are for the curriculum because its "very rigorous" with it being quarter system. Best of luck! They are all really nice but kind of intimidating.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at ICO last cycle (2017) and they really go into your grades and scores when they review your academics. Make sure to explain any grades or why you scored lower in some areas... they will take how you respond and see how well prepared you are for the curriculum because its "very rigorous" with it being quarter system. Best of luck! They are all really nice but kind of intimidating.
Thank you so much for your help! Congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully the same will happen for me :) If you don't mind my asking, what was your GPA that helped to get you into ICO?

Thank you so much for your help! Congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully the same will happen for me :) If you don't mind my asking, what was your GPA that helped to get you into ICO?

GPA: 3.2 and Science at 3.35
It's really not about GPA & OAT, make sure you write good essays!

current ico 3rd year here!

yes they ask you about any 'lower' grades. just be able to explain them. if you have a good reason you should be fine - after all you already got an interview invitation! but it's true since the quarter system can be pretty taxing - they just want to make sure you can handle it.