I would like some input on transfer from one DPT program to another

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotaspirations

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can I get someone(s) input on transferring DPT programs. I am currently in a DPT program and had just finished a semester (in good standing). I am looking to see if transferring into another program is a thing.

Anyone got ideas about this one?

Members don't see this ad.

One program can be very different from another. Especially in pre-req requirements and the sequencing of curriculum courses. As far as I know this isn't a thing.

Can I get someone(s) input on transferring DPT programs. I am currently in a DPT program and had just finished a semester (in good standing). I am looking to see if transferring into another program is a thing.

"Transferring" really isn't an option. You will not receive credit for classes you have taken and will have to start over from the very beginning.

Members don't see this ad :)
In ~7 years on this board, I haven't seen a single case of a successful transfer from one DPT program to another. Most likely you will have to start over.

possible. one of my old classmates transferred from St. Marys (i think) to St. Augustine. He was like a 2nd term at Marys and then became a 1st termer at Augustine. I think he got to skip some classes that met the reqs though.

Reactions: 1 user