I will read your PS/Secondaries/MD-PhD Essays for $50

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentateGyrus

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who I Am
I am a current medical student (MD) looking to make some money over the summer.

What I Am Offering
$50 will get you:
  • Reading, editing, and suggestions (including ideas/brainstorming) for 1 personal statement or MD-DO/PhD essay, up to 4 drafts/iterations.
OR
  • Reading, editing, and suggestions (including ideas/brainstorming) for secondary essays. This can be 1 essay with 4 iterations or up to 6 total essays, 1 iteration each. These can be from any number of schools. I suggest working with me to nail out the important repeated essays, such as "Why our school?" or your diversity statement so that you have a great draft to use with multiple schools.
Why Should You Choose Me?
During my application cycle I worked very closely with a current adcom member of a top-10 school and private consultant and have since learned a lot regarding the information adcoms are looking for in the essays they read. I've also edited dozens of personal statement from strangers to get them on the right track prior to AMCAS submission. Lastly, I've plenty of experience working with students in a tutoring/teaching capacity. I really enjoy working with people and have gained a lot of insight from helping others with their essays this season. Here are other reasons:
  • I am punctual and timely
  • I am very thorough
  • I am willing to spend time to explain my edits/suggestions and to work with you to put together something great
  • I have plenty of knowledge and insight from my time working with the consultant that I am willing to share
  • For international applicants: I can help you use proper idioms or other nuanced parts of our language.

How Does This Work?
I receive payment on PayPal and we get to work! I use a doubly-encrypted email server so that we can both maintain our anonymity. I prefer to work with Word but can do Google docs anonymously as well.
As for my editing style, I will correct your grammar, suggest better word usage, suggest ways to be more concise, and can help you to brainstorm ways to answer an essay prompt. I will also point out when you are being redundant, straying from the topic, or pushing your own agenda in lieu of answering the prompt. Finally, I can help you to form a layout/flow-chart of your personal statement or help you to improve your current statement to meet the standards for which adcoms are looking. Together, I'm positive we can put together some great essays.

Why Should I Hire An Editor?
I believe that a great personal statement will help the adcoms to know you as a person, and this is especially important if you are a borderline applicant - either for getting into medical school at all or for getting into your top choice, be it Harvard or your local state school. Additionally, since editing students' personal statements this year already, it is extremely clear to me that many people DO NOT know how to properly write a personal statement, nor does creative writing come naturally to many people. I will help you to put together a great layout so that you will have a beautiful essay that flows well, tells your story, and expresses your personality.
Additionally, I am much cheaper than the $500/hour consultant I hired during my application cycle for basically the same purpose.

Have Any Questions?
Please feel free to reach out to me on here, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: