"I will be attending _________ and turning down my acceptance to _________" 2016-2017 edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Viva Terlingua

Pico, let's go up to Zuma
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Even though we are deep into December 1st, theres a long way until the current cycle is finished. To help alleviate as much pre-dent anxiety as possible, we can use this topic to give people an idea of seats opening up from now until the end of the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I am turning down a few schools tonight, a few more next Monday, and withdrawing from the rest the following Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users
:mad:

IT'S TOO SOON. I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT MY ACCEPTANCES 7 HOURS AGO AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO START TURNING THEM DOWN?!

At least give me a week!

No, but actually, I am turning down a few schools tonight, a few more next Monday, and withdrawing from the rest the following Sunday.
Congrats, Incis0r!
We hope to see you here on this pre-dental forum even after you matriculate!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
:mad:

IT'S TOO SOON. I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT MY ACCEPTANCES 7 HOURS AGO AND NOW YOU WANT ME TO START TURNING THEM DOWN?!

At least give me a week!

If you really love your acceptances you must set them free (or something like that).

Reactions: 12 users
Yes I agree! I'm going to savor these acceptances a little bit. But I'll probably end up turning down 3 schools at the end of the week. Then withdrawing from the rest of the schools shortly after.

Reactions: 4 users
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Even though we are deep into December 1st, theres a long way until the current cycle is finished. To help alleviate as much pre-dent anxiety as possible, we can use this topic to give people an idea of seats opening up from now until the end of the cycle.

How about you, Viva?

Last edited:
How about you, Viva? Where are you thinking of going?

Only considering the offers in-hand I'm really liking Tufts - Recently interviewed with Maryland, and I seem to be avoiding the first wave of rejections from several schools that I haven't interviewed with (Penn/Pitt/Rutgers), and have a more-or-less waitlist for interview option with Case...so it all kind of depends on how post-December goes.

Temple/Penn are my top 2 at the moment (would like to continue living with my wife if at all possible), but I haven't heard a peep from either of them, so its just wishful thinking for now. Tufts and Maryland were fantastic though and I would be more than happy to attend either.

Reactions: 2 users
How about you, Viva? Where are you thinking of going?
Are you up for sharing what you're thinking about each school/the pros and cons of each, or is that too personal/identifiable? Congratulations either way!

Reactions: 1 users
Only considering the offers in-hand I'm really liking Tufts - Recently interviewed with Maryland, and I seem to be avoiding the first wave of rejections from several schools that I haven't interviewed with (Penn/Pitt/Rutgers), and have a more-or-less waitlist for interview option with Case...so it all kind of depends on how post-December goes.

Temple/Penn are my top 2 at the moment (would like to continue living with my wife if at all possible), but I haven't heard a peep from either of them, so its just wishful thinking for now. Tufts and Maryland were fantastic though and I would be more than happy to attend either.
I just wanted you to know I've been secretly rooting for you throughout the cycle and I'm so excited about your acceptances. Congratulations!

I just wanted you to know I've been secretly rooting for you throughout the cycle and I'm so excited about your acceptances. Congratulations!

Thank you! That really means a lot :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you up for sharing what you're thinking about each school/the pros and cons of each, or is that too personal/identifiable? Congratulations either way!

You're right.

Last edited:
I will do this, yes. But I will do it after making my decision and placing the deposit. The issue is that doing this right now will invite people to push for one school or another, and I want to make the decision objectively based on what is the best fit for me.
Plus you wouldn't get all of the attention and adoration you love from these forums if you posted them huh ;)

No more updates?

Reactions: 1 user
Attending: Indiana University
Turning Down: MW-AZ, MW-IL, MOSDOH

Reactions: 8 users
Attending: UNMC
Turning down: OHSU and interviews at MWU AZ & CU

Attending: Midwestern-AZ
Turning Down: Louisville

Reactions: 4 users
Turned down acceptance to Temple.

only have one acceptance and the rest are waitlists/silence. to everyone willing to share, thank you as OP mentioned for alleviating people's anxiety/stress and giving pre-dents an idea of seats opening up. good luck to you all. :)

Turned down acceptance to Temple.

I am selfishly welcoming all declined acceptances of the Philadelphia-based variety :whistle:

Any idea which school you're leaning toward attending?

I am selfishly welcoming all declined acceptances of the Philadelphia-based variety :whistle:

Any idea which school you're leaning toward attending?
Right now I'm leaning toward attending Rutgers, but impatiently waiting to hear back from Columbia.

Hope you get in to Temple or UPenn.

I will be turning down acceptances at Case Western and Tufts

Attending:
Minnesota

Declining:
Creighton

Can moderators make this a sticky thread please?? I feel like this is the next most important thread after 'interview/acceptance/rejection' thread.

Reactions: 6 users
Doing a daily bump of this thread ahah

Attending:
UDM

Declining:
NYU
Indiana
Minnesota

Attending (unless I fail micro lab)

Texas A&M College of Dentistry

Declining:
UTSD
UTHSCSA

Yeah unfortunately, all those options were more expensive than my current options that I'm considering (BU, UConn and UMich). Still haven't decided between these three!!
Oh okay. So you'll be OOS for these schools?