I used to work at an answering service and I wish doctors took it more seriously

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Facemask

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used to work at an answering service, I was really good at it and always did a good job. A while back this woman called and was a psycho She was told to call this number to speak to someone if she was having issues with her recovery. I said I would page the doctor for her . She says I need an appointment I said I can't schedule appointments the office can when they open. She asked what time do they open, anddemanded again that I schedule an appointment. She starts crying and screaming saying why won't you help me, I asked her to calm down and was going to put her through to the doctor .She couldn't wait on the phone cause she had to leave to get to their office . I was getting busy and told her good luck and bye. She calls back and starts screaming and crying why won't you help me, you need to help me please help me. I thought you were leaving I said, and weren't able to be on the phone. She starts making some weird noise and has a temper tantrum, Ihung up on her. She called back and I asked one more time about calling the oc doctor, she didn't want to, and I said to quit calling .She tried to call a few times and I didn't listen. This bitch called an ambulance and said she couldn't breathe and that she had called me for help and I refused to help her. The office manager calls my former employer and demands that she fires me and that my boss writes an apology letter or they will discontinue their account with her. My boss said they are furious, I didn't care and thought she should have told them bye. I would come in early stay late and was making crap pay. I was an excellent operator and this was my only complaint ever. I recently quit cause my boss gambled away our pay and didn't pay us for 3 weeks and I was supposed to be loyal and dedicated to her and possibly work on my days off. I think that office manager needs a black eye and kick in the ass but I don't like jail. You know what I found out the office manager was married to one of the doctors. I wasn't making **** pay to begin with but you doctors hire your wives and they think firing people is a game, and that people are just props to move around. This is an extreme situation but some wife gives us the wrong oc doctor for the night and some wife forgets to pay and my boss let's her cause some wife is a spoiled bitch who doesn't care whose life she screws up. You can think I am immature but it felt great punching her, I nailed her good.

Members don't see this ad.

tumblr_lvhrn3v8V31ql3h6t.png

Reactions: 2 users
I said I punched her not didn't punch her stupid phone