I REALLY need you help with my residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saving hearts

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to take a faster residency program in a subspeciality in general? Like pediatric cardiology ? Is there any program that allows me to enter directly ?
Is there a fast track program with lesser years ?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Is there any way to take a faster residency program in a subspeciality in general? Like pediatric cardiology ? Is there any program that allows me to enter directly ?

Thank you
Not that I'm aware of....but why is this question so urgent?

My residency application is soon and I'm torn between two specialities I really love, but I don't know if they'll be the appropriate lifestyle for me

Not that I'm aware of....but why is this question so urgent?
m

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you
There are research focused programs in Peds where you do two years of residency and four of fellowship. So the same number of years overall but you get to fellowship faster. Not sure if that is what you are asking about or not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
If this advice is at all helpful, my program offers the 2 year fast track and only one person has ever taken the opportunity. The reason being (as they explained to me) is that 3rd year of general peds residency tends to be pretty chill, and they want to enjoy their personal lives since you do the same total amount of training anyway. Also, you have to stay at the same program for fellowship if you do the fast track option, and they wanted to be able to interview broadly.

I know two people taking the fast track. They're both heme onc and are research monsters
True dat, the person who fast tracked at my program had a PhD