I/O Psy D Programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm currently in a masters program (thesis track)...
You said in your first post in this thread you're an MBA student. Dude seriously do like 5 trolls share this account?

Members don't see this ad.

In my case, I was referring more to a non-terminal psychology-oriented masters program, which can help both with the GPA and limited research experience issues.

Although while a non-traditional approach, if your MBA GPA is solid, that could alleviate some POI's concerns about your ability to handle academic coursework. If you could add a year or so of research experience (even if "only" part-time, such as through volunteering in a lab), that might get you into more places than you're thinking.

A bit of a derailment, but I just saw that you were in an MBA program. That changes things. You already spent a ton of money for a very reputable degree (unless it also came from an online school). You'll probably have a better life if you just enter the workforce. Look into HR consulting or something of the sort if you want to do I/O-esque things without all the quantitative rigour and time commitment of an I/O Psych PhD. You'll get near six figures off the bat if you can get into a good company.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A bit of a derailment, but I just saw that you were in an MBA program. That changes things. You already spent a ton of money for a very reputable degree (unless it also came from an online school). You'll probably have a better life if you just enter the workforce. Look into HR consulting or something of the sort if you want to do I/O-esque things without all the quantitative rigour and time commitment of an I/O Psych PhD. You'll get near six figures off the bat if you can get into a good company.

And the other option is to (now or later) complete a masters in I/O to up the credentials even further, and to open doors regarding the quantitatively rigorous components. I'd imagine that an I/O masters, coupled with a very reputable MBA and prior work experience in the field, could lead to a pretty lucrative career.

Working with individuals struggling with various forms of psychopathology really is a far cry from the above.

I am currently an MBA student and was looking into various Psyd and Phd in I/O psychology. I also looked into Touro's PsyD program - in Human and Organizational Psych. I spoke with the University a few weeks ago and it seems like a solid program. My only concern is that it is not APA accredited. In order to be successful in the field does one have to be a licensed I/O psychologist? I know of individuals who are working with just a masters but I'm not sure of their exact title or the difference in pay....any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Lauren Elizabeth
Hi Lauren, did you enroll in Touro?