I love Vitamin C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't know that many physicians who advocate eating meat. We're all pretty aware that its bad for you.

It's not bad for you. Don't believe me - just think for a minute - have you ever seen a healthy looking vegan??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
My ex was vegan...she also weigh 90lb with a BMI of 18 and I am pretty sure she is on a mega dose of synthroid (more than needed) post Thryectomy

Americans sometimes fetishize that look but I don't think it's a healthy look

Maybe its just because I'm young and reasonably recently out of residency, but I don't know that many physicians who advocate eating meat. We're all pretty aware that its bad for you.

Hmm..I and most surgeons often advocate a diet with good sources of protein to help with wound healing, and those sources include lean beef, chicken and fish.

Man is a carnivore and we have the teeth to prove it!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend was diagnosed with colon cancer and was told by the doctor that it would be best if he changed to a vegan diet. His doctor told him vegan>vegetarian>pescatarian>no red meat.

Hmm..I and most surgeons often advocate a diet with good sources of protein to help with wound healing, and those sources include lean beef, chicken and fish.

Man is a carnivore and we have the teeth to prove it!
I should have clarified red meat. But truthfully I use it as kind of a throw away line, it's not something I push very hard because no one is going to do it.

My friend was diagnosed with colon cancer and was told by the doctor that it would be best if he changed to a vegan diet. His doctor told him vegan>vegetarian>pescatarian>no red meat.
That's great. Except the evidence behind that is very flimsy. And I'm not aware of any evidence that vegan is better than fish eating.

The main risk discussed is processed meats and red meat and those are all retrospective studies that struggle to account for the other lifestyle factors we've already discussed. Does anyone know of any evidence that chicken causes colon Ca? I'm not but clearly this doctor you mention thinks it does ...

Doctors say a lot of things... Doesn't mean it's right. Hey, most primary docs are prob still telling pts to lose weight by getting rid of fats from their diets...

It's not bad for you. Don't believe me - just think for a minute - have you ever seen a healthy looking vegan??
49 years old when he won by TKO first round. Vegan for most of that life.

herschel walker.jpg

It's a huge myth that you have to eat meat to get enough protein to heal, build muscle, sustain life, etc.

Reactions: 1 user