I know it's bad but I hate PT school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocTAP87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote a lengthy post about hating PT school and how miserable and depressed I am but after I got that off of my chest, I realized that I do not want to drop out.

Since you can't delete threads on SDN, I want to try and turn this into a lesson.

1. It helps to say it out loud or in writing. Suffering in silence makes suffering so much worse. My school offers counseling services which I am going to start using. If you're struggling in PT school and your school offers counseling services, go and visit them. If nothing else, you can say what you feel.

2. PT school really sucks sometimes. It's an avalanche of material that buries you quick and as soon as you think you can breathe, it starts again. I'm feeling relief right now because I kept going. Even after seeing that F and nearly breaking down entirely, I walked into the next class and took the next exam.

3. You can't delete a thread on SDN so don't say anything too incriminating! (or become a paid member)

I am still upset and my anxiety and depression is acting up so I need to get that remedied. I just didn't want to leave that long negative post up.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wrote a lengthy post about hating PT school and how miserable and depressed I am but after I got that off of my chest, I realized that I do not want to drop out.

Since you can't delete threads on SDN, I want to try and turn this into a lesson.

1. It helps to say it out loud or in writing. Suffering in silence makes suffering so much worse. My school offers counseling services which I am going to start using. If you're struggling in PT school and your school offers counseling services, go and visit them. If nothing else, you can say what you feel.

2. PT school really sucks sometimes. It's an avalanche of material that buries you quick and as soon as you think you can breathe, it starts again. I'm feeling relief right now because I kept going. Even after seeing that F and nearly breaking down entirely, I walked into the next class and took the next exam.

3. You can't delete a thread on SDN so don't say anything too incriminating! (or become a paid member)

I am still upset and my anxiety and depression is acting up so I need to get that remedied. I just didn't want to leave that long negative post up.

Stick to counseling. If it's really bad, try a psychiatry session. Back in school we had multiple people get on antidepressants.

School gets better and programs are incentivized to keep you there since it keeps their graduation rate and ranking on part and within capte standards.

Read all of your syllabi. You just need to meet the minimum requirements for the program and school. From there it's usually networking in rotations and staying on good terms with faculty for letters.

Ask professors for help. Exercise or meditate on Friday night instead of drinking or doing something that may sway your emotions.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Stick to counseling. If it's really bad, try a psychiatry session. Back in school we had multiple people get on antidepressants.

School gets better and programs are incentivized to keep you there since it keeps their graduation rate and ranking on part and within capte standards.

Read all of your syllabi. You just need to meet the minimum requirements for the program and school. From there it's usually networking in rotations and staying on good terms with faculty for letters.

Ask professors for help. Exercise or meditate on Friday night instead of drinking or doing something that may sway your emotions.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. I appreciate the advice. I really let myself go once getting into PT school. Stopped exercising and stress eating and I gained 30 lbs. I think that only made it worse. I'm getting back on track though. Eating better, exercising, and I'm down 10lbs. I reached that same conclusion yesterday too...I only need to get through it. I don't need to ace every exam and practical. Graduating with a 3.2 GPA gets me the same degree as a 3.9GPA. I do well in the clinics so I'm just needing to take the stress off.