I hope you don't get lucky and get my version of the test.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blue7777

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the test today and!!
-- 30-40 HIV AND ONCO ONLY
-- 15-20 ID
-- 7-12 math and biostatistics
-- 10-14 compounding
-- 2 diabetes
-- around 15-20 anticoagulant
-- 2-5 Otc
-- 4-7 asthma
-- about 10-15 Vaccinations (very important)
-- ----- -----
I will give more details later
Sorry it's realy frustrating.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
That was definitely my version of the exam. Or close to it haha. I had fun with HIV and ID. Onco was alright. Anticoags = I loveeeee. Compounding was probably the thing that I was like WTF on LOL. But hey, congrats on hopefully being done and good luck! You'll know soon :)

Reactions: 1 users
-- 15-20 ID
-- 10-14 compounding
-- 2 diabetes
-- 2-5 Otc
-- 4-7 asthma
-- ----- -----

I hope you did well! Sounds like a tougher break down than usual

Members don't see this ad :)
That was definitely my version of the exam. Or close to it haha. I had fun with HIV and ID. Onco was alright. Anticoags = I loveeeee. Compounding was probably the thing that I was like WTF on LOL. But hey, congrats on hopefully being done and good luck! You'll know soon :)

BY the way the math and the biostatistics ware so easy only 2 or 3 had tricks,

Watch out the infusion rate and peak and the trough they usually asks what is the max infusion rate ☝️☝️ Now they will ask what is minimum rate of the infusion

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like this exam is unpredictable ! When i had mine i got only 3-4 questions on HIV and onco
I hope u pass keep us updated

-- 15-20 ID
-- 10-14 compounding
-- 2 diabetes
-- 2-5 Otc
-- 4-7 asthma
-- about 10-15 Vaccinations (very important)
-- ----- -----
Hey, just want to be sure you got your score yet?

I had a similar amount of ID and HIV questions, not much oncology. I used RxPrep, made notes, Tahhurs notes as a reference, SDN calculations (stopped after the 20 questions since it was overkill).

Found out I passed today. I studied 2.5 months, starting the last month of rotations. I started studyig consistently the month prior to the NAPLEX for 6-8 hours per days, I would do some caclulations or light review on days I worked. As everyone has stated previously, know your calculations (double/triple check your work).

I am selling the RxPrep and APhA book. PM me if you are interested.

I'm sorry to hear it
I have been though same situation and I'm trying to study differently this time

sorry to hear! It doesn't matter, you can always take it again, now you have experience on the exam ...you'll do better next time.
Get motivated and tell us, what you're going to do this time differently, Also, are the questions on the test as hard as RXPREP quiz bank?

Sounds like you got an extra hard test. My test had very few oncology and ID questions, so it really varies. There is a reason why they allow a few tries to pass. Some people get a rough deal on their first attempt, and awesome pharmacists might fail on a first try.

Sounds like you got an extra hard test. My test had very few oncology and ID questions, so it really varies. There is a reason why they allow a few tries to pass. Some people get a rough deal on their first attempt, and awesome pharmacists might fail on a first try.

what was the breakdown of your exam?

what was the breakdown of your exam?
I can't guarantee accuracy because I didn't really keep track, but this is how I remember it.

40% - hypertension, diabetes, and dyslipidemia (most questions were about guidelines, adverse effects, or contraindications; however, there were also a lot of questions about brand name recognition)
20% - math (all really basic question. I didn't need to know much beyond alligation)
10% - oncology adjacent (there were only a couple questions that required clinical knowledge. most of these were math based and required calculation of dose. Know equation for BSA)
7% - cystic fibrosis
7% - non-sterile excipients
6% - random disease states (sickle cell, asthma, COPD, CKD, ect.)
5% - dosage forms
3% - ID questions (mostly adverse effects and contraindications)
2% - vaccines

I don't think I had a single question on HIV. I was a little sad about oncology since that's kind of my area, but I was thrilled about HIV. For someone without big weaknesses and strengths, all versions of the NAPLEX would probably be similar. For someone with a knowledge gap, luck probably factors in.

selling a brand new rxprep book, unopened with the plastic wrapper still on it. message me if interested