I have so many loans...what would you do?? urgent!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rayn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some input for what you guys think will be the best option.
I went to MCPHS in Boston as a pre-med major for my freshman and sophomore year. Pre-med WAS my major. The school was horrible.
I transferred to Northeastern University for my junior year. I like the school a lot but from Northeastern standards I have 65 credits TOTAL. I am still considered a sophomore even though I should be a junior. This is my problem: MCPHS was around 35k/year for everything. Northeastern is more as in 45k and I don't want to do coop because I have some medical experience and will probably just a get a job in the summer, coops will just push me even further behind. I applied to Florida State for this September and they took 88 credits which is 23 more than I have at Northeastern. Florida State is in the low 20's but my parents have a house in Florida and I'm going to try to get instate tuition which would be around 13k (either way its cheaper and I have more credits)

I already know that I have so many loans, there really isn't much I can do at this point what would you suggest?

Should I transfer again to Florida State or is this just going to look bad??
I really appreciate the help....I need to make a decision very soon! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have much advice but I'm definitely in the same boat as far as loans. I started at a state university, switched to a private nursing college (that really did it!) and realized that I don't want to be a nurse. Then, decided to do a 1 year program at a community college and here I am back at the state university finishing up my degree as a junior.

My only recommendation is to find the cheapest university you can get into and finish your degree. No more private schools for me!

Yea I know how you feel.....Florida State is def the cheaper way....I just want to know if its going to look bad to transfer again.

as long as your grades are ok, i think its ok. if interviewers ask, you can tell that it was for financial reasons.