i am put on probation in my reisdency and HR is not helping me..what i can do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sarah2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The program director put me on probation and I am following his instructions and Human resources is not helping me most of the time they take the side of the program director ..they are cooking together to kick me out...

What I can do?what is the role of GME office and RRC office?
Is there any website to read about our rights as residents on how to deal with these probation?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
my program director put on probation and i am following her concerns and Human resources is not helping me ..they are cooking together to kick me out...

What i can do?what is the role of GME office and RRC office?

GME office oversees all residency programs at the hospital. You can certainly go there, but chances are they are already involved. HR probably is not helping because you are a resident - HR is more interested in the full-time permanent employees.

Your best bet is to figure out why you were put on probation and fix the problem. Talk to the chair, other faculty, and GME office. Put a plan together, create goals, and make sure you meet those goals.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for your kind reply. The reason why i am asking because despite me following the verbal warning that was given to me 6 week prior .. I was not given feedbacks as i requested and then raise it up to probation. Till now i am not aware if the GME office is aware or not? I need to know where i can read about the standards process because i feel the program is building evidence against me to kick me out and refusing giving me any feedbacks in written forms to be both on the same page. So i want to review the due process to know how to defend and protect myself.
what is the role of RRC?

For what it's worth, I'm sorry. This sounds rough

Thanks for your kind reply. The reason why i am asking because despite me following the verbal warning that was given to me 6 week prior .. I was not given feedbacks as i requested and then raise it up to probation. Till now i am not aware if the GME office is aware or not? I need to know where i can read about the standards process because i feel the program is building evidence against me to kick me out and refusing giving me any feedbacks in written forms to be both on the same page. So i want to review the due process to know how to defend and protect myself.
what is the role of RRC?
Is your residency represented by a union? If so, your Union rep could help.

what is the role of RRC?

The RRC does not really have a role at this point that I am aware of.

You should go to your chair, program director, and GME office.

The program director put me on probation and I am following his instructions and Human resources is not helping me most of the time they take the side of the program director ..they are cooking together to kick me out...

What I can do?what is the role of GME office and RRC office?
Is there any website to read about our rights as residents on how to deal with these probation?

There is absolutely a policy; the RRC requires that all residency programs have a written policy regarding resident suspension, probation, and termination.

You would have been provided this policy either at orientation or easy access to it such as on your program/institution website. The GME Office will have a copy of it as well.

Make no mistake: it does sound as if they are trying to build a case to get rid of you. If you haven't already, you need to start documenting all dates, times, and interactions with faculty regarding any administrative action against you.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Based on your writing, I suspect that English is not your first language. If you are an IMG, you simply cannot afford to be fired. I think you had a verbal warning and then were placed on probation. HR has no role in this process that could benefit you. You really need a mentor in the program who can help you figure out what is happening.

Key questions:
What are your deficiencies?
How long do you have to fix it before the ax falls?
Are there specific faculty/staff/nurses/residents with whom you need to fix your relationship?
Are you able to have a honest conversation with your PD or an aPD about your situation?

The union/lawyer/questioning the process approach is going to make this more adversarial and is likely to fail. They will be able to document your failure if they choose. You need to focus on convincing them not to fail you until that path is completely closed.

Reactions: 9 users
Its hard to know your situation and I dont want to add to the stress and paranoia you must be feeling in this situation, but...WHY would they want to fire you so badly, WHY would they be building this case against you in order to fire you? Programs dont really want to fire people, it looks bad for the program, its hard to fill the spot, its work they usually need done somehow, and its a huge legal pain in the ass. I'm sure there exist examples of people unfairly railroaded out of programs, but usually it is essentially the option of last resort when a program has tried everything they can to turn someone into an acceptable surgeon. So in order to understand this you gotta be able to explain either WHY they are out to get you, or you need to be more honest with yourself about the chances and warnings and hints they've given you that there is a problem

Reactions: 3 users
I think gastrapathy gave you some advice that really applies in a lot of areas in life. the people above you can almost always hurt you more. If for some reason they are upset, swallow your pride, take your "whoopin", and let them know they are in charge and you'll do literally anything you can to fix it for them. It sounds painfully obvious but it does often work.

Reactions: 7 users
There is absolutely a policy; the RRC requires that all residency programs have a written policy regarding resident suspension, probation, and termination.

You would have been provided this policy either at orientation or easy access to it such as on your program/institution website. The GME Office will have a copy of it as well.

Make no mistake: it does sound as if they are trying to build a case to get rid of you. If you haven't already, you need to start documenting all dates, times, and interactions with faculty regarding any administrative action against you.

I have them all in my mind. But where I will use these memorandums?

I think gastrapathy gave you some advice that really applies in a lot of areas in life. the people above you can almost always hurt you more. If for some reason they are upset, swallow your pride, take your "whoopin", and let them know they are in charge and you'll do literally anything you can to fix it for them. It sounds painfully obvious but it does often work.
I agree with your advice but I have Ben taking this attitude already but all what I see they increase in their hostile attitude. Accusing me with never happened scenarios and a lot that I can't detail it here. I am very humble and sucking every harm and they still taking this attitude and I I am undairly treated. I frankly asked PD If he want me to find other program and he said I have no intentions to kick you !!

Its hard to know your situation and I dont want to add to the stress and paranoia you must be feeling in this situation, but...WHY would they want to fire you so badly, WHY would they be building this case against you in order to fire you? Programs dont really want to fire people, it looks bad for the program, its hard to fill the spot, its work they usually need done somehow, and its a huge legal pain in the ass. I'm sure there exist examples of people unfairly railroaded out of programs, but usually it is essentially the option of last resort when a program has tried everything they can to turn someone into an acceptable surgeon. So in order to understand this you gotta be able to explain either WHY they are out to get you, or you need to be more honest with yourself about the chances and warnings and hints they've given you that there is a problem

I don't want to go for details here. The verbal warning been so simple points and I followed all of them but no matter what, they want me out? !
I have all the evidence to proof my stories but the program director always take others residents side no matter what I proof to them.

There's obviously more to the this than just an out of the blue verbal warning a few weeks ago that has escalated to probation. Obviously you do not need to go into detail about it on here and I would suggest that this forum is not the place you should be focusing your time and effort on at this point. Again, based on your writing/language and that last couple posts I wonder if you have truly listened to and understood what your PD or other GME admin staff have told you regarding your situation, it certainly seems like you do not have a good handle on it.

Like others have mentioned, you need to review your residency manual or whatever they term it there as there should be a documented process in how to handle probations and issues such as this. Then you need to meet with your PD/GME staff and come up with a concrete plan for whatever issues they feel you need to fix. If allowed, see if you can bring along another attending (one that you trust and can give a fair assessment of you) that could help make sure you really understand what is being said to avoid ongoing confusion.

There's obviously more to the this than just an out of the blue verbal warning a few weeks ago that has escalated to probation. Obviously you do not need to go into detail about it on here and I would suggest that this forum is not the place you should be focusing your time and effort on at this point. Again, based on your writing/language and that last couple posts I wonder if you have truly listened to and understood what your PD or other GME admin staff have told you regarding your situation, it certainly seems like you do not have a good handle on it.

Like others have mentioned, you need to review your residency manual or whatever they term it there as there should be a documented process in how to handle probations and issues such as this. Then you need to meet with your PD/GME staff and come up with a concrete plan for whatever issues they feel you need to fix. If allowed, see if you can bring along another attending (one that you trust and can give a fair assessment of you) that could help make sure you really understand what is being said to avoid ongoing confusion.
i asked for specific mentor who I trust but they bring to me another mentor that I don't see him on my side all the road ! Hopeless case

i asked for specific mentor who I trust but they bring to me another mentor that I don't see him on my side all the road ! Hopeless case

I skimmed your previous posts, and it seems like you have a question that's best suited for either the general residency forum or the OBGYN forum.

FMGs have an uphill battle to obtain a spot, and the places that tend to accept FMGs like you (who struggled for several years to obtain a spot) often are the same places that tend to chew through them, fire them, replace them with new ones, etc.

The two main reasons to go on probation are 1) Clinical underperformance and 2) Professionalism issues (lying, fighting, laziness, emotional instability, etc). You should find out if it's one or both of those, and be sure to look internally and accept that it may be partially true. If you are defensive and blaming the system, etc, then the PD will decide you're "unteachable" and unaccepting of your faults, and will eventually fire you.

It is normal to "build a case" against a resident who is on probation. If there's a chance that a resident will be fired, there needs to be a paper trail, otherwise there's risk of litigation.

Yes, you should find out the process and make sure it's followed....but most of your energy should be concentrated on fixing whatever problem your program thinks you have. If you give us specifics, then we can help a bit more. However, if there was some isolated incident that led to probation, and the incident is over now, I'd focus on not letting something similar happen in the future.

I skimmed your previous posts, and it seems like you have a question that's best suited for either the general residency forum or the OBGYN forum.

FMGs have an uphill battle to obtain a spot, and the places that tend to accept FMGs like you (who struggled for several years to obtain a spot) often are the same places that tend to chew through them, fire them, replace them with new ones, etc.

The two main reasons to go on probation are 1) Clinical underperformance and 2) Professionalism issues (lying, fighting, laziness, emotional instability, etc). You should find out if it's one or both of those, and be sure to look internally and accept that it may be partially true. If you are defensive and blaming the system, etc, then the PD will decide you're "unteachable" and unaccepting of your faults, and will eventually fire you.

It is normal to "build a case" against a resident who is on probation. If there's a chance that a resident will be fired, there needs to be a paper trail, otherwise there's risk of litigation.

Yes, you should find out the process and make sure it's followed....but most of your energy should be concentrated on fixing whatever problem your program thinks you have. If you give us specifics, then we can help a bit more. However, if there was some isolated incident that led to probation, and the incident is over now, I'd focus on not letting something similar happen in the future.

If I was following everything and I was physically inside the hospital but I delayed 10 min on the sign out because one of my faculties was talking with me about the paper we published they take this unfollowing the verbal warning and probate me. The alarming sign is the mentor is not in my side and I don't trust him.

If I was following everything and I was physically inside the hospital but I delayed 10 min on the sign out because one of my faculties was talking with me about the paper we published they take this unfollowing the verbal warning and probate me. The alarming sign is the mentor is not in my side and I don't trust him.
delayed? as in logged a duty hours violation?

I guess I will request ACGME to review my case and I will request them to follow my performance and decide if I deserve to be fired or not. I have all my evidence against every one inside this program who claim he/she has problem with me. I collected my evidence after I felt threatened from the 4th week in this residency. I am very positive that the environment they create around me have made this unprofessional deficiency. I also have evidence to proof this bad environment. I saw others have defects and lags behind the A resident performance they expecting from me and they don't touch other interns with what I see deficiency in their work. I also have evidence to proof my stories.

With all of your posts in this thread and in others, I wonder if you are interacting with people in a way that causes mistrust or unlikeability and you aren't able to notice it. Your writing is at times hard to read and understand. It's obvious there is an English-communication issue and this could be an underlying problem.

Given your difficulty in obtaining a spot based on your prior posts, you need to do everything possible to keep this spot. You're not likely to find another. Find some faculty members you feel you can trust and approach them yourself. Set up a meeting time to review things with them and get their thoughts and opinions. If that doesn't prove helpful, ever try looking to senior residents. They likely know whats going on here as well and can give you insight if you can trust them.

Good luck.

Reactions: 5 users
I guess I will request ACGME to review my case and I will request them to follow my performance and decide if I deserve to be fired or not. I have all my evidence against every one inside this program who claim he/she has problem with me. I collected my evidence after I felt threatened from the 4th week in this residency. I am very positive that the environment they create around me have made this unprofessional deficiency. I also have evidence to proof this bad environment. I saw others have defects and lags behind the A resident performance they expecting from me and they don't touch other interns with what I see deficiency in their work. I also have evidence to proof my stories.

You are under probation, not being fired/asked to resign. Do not get ACGME involved. Work with your department right now. You are threatening to blow this thing up more than it already is.

You seem to have problems "reading the room". Calling ACGME is a nuclear bomb approach and it's likely you just blow yourself up. Go in and tell them you are very sorry for the way you performed and that you will do whatever they see fit to make it right and that you are eternally grateful for the chance to be there. Then no matter what blame they put on you just say, "I'm so sorry...I'll do whatever you need to make it right". Do you have an american friend in the program that might help you understand some of the social cues?

You stand far more to lose in this than they do...you are far more likely to survive this by appealing to their mercy than trying to prove them wrong

Reactions: 6 users
Asked me to leave the program and i refused so they probated me ..whole my internship with them was a nightmare and i was not sure that i will make it the second year.. they were in need but seems they found someone else ...I see them building the cases to get ride of me. Why I should wait i am 100% positive. No appreciation to what I am doing no matter what I finalized my work as it should be...

Asked me to leave the program and i refused so they probated me ..whole my internship with them was a nightmare and i was not sure that i will make it the second year.. they were in need but seems they found someone else ...I see them building the cases to get ride of me. Why I should wait i am 100% positive. No appreciation to what I am doing no matter what I finalized my work as it should be...
that's a really important piece of the story to leave out for days.....I'm going to step away since I can't give reasonable advice without good communication. I wish you well.

You seem to have problems "reading the room". Calling ACGME is a nuclear bomb approach and it's likely you just blow yourself up. Go in and tell them you are very sorry for the way you performed and that you will do whatever they see fit to make it right and that you are eternally grateful for the chance to be there. Then no matter what blame they put on you just say, "I'm so sorry...I'll do whatever you need to make it right". Do you have an american friend in the program that might help you understand some of the social cues?

You stand far more to lose in this than they do...you are far more likely to survive this by appealing to their mercy than trying to prove them wrong

Regarding your comment "Do you have an American friend in the program that might help you understand some of the social cues? "
I appreciate if we keep our dialogue within the respect frame. I don't have problem understanding their social cues..!
My attitude is always apologetic and I apologized several times, I showed them the appreciation for the spot, Nothing make them happy.
They accused me with terrible not real stories, set up for me altercation problem with others, they have stories I need the ACGME to hear to their rediculious stories to tell us exactly if they are exaggerating or making up stories or I am stupid, their problem they underestimated me, they called me stupid several times, I never been triggered and I was taking notes for all of this so everyone knows exactly how to respect his position. If you see the butcher holding the knife to cut your throat..no matter what you apologize.. what else you can do?

Regarding your comment "Do you have an American friend in the program that might help you understand some of the social cues? "
I appreciate if we keep our dialogue within the respect frame. I don't have problem understanding their social cues..!
My attitude is always apologetic and I apologized several times, I showed them the appreciation for the spot, Nothing make them happy.
They accused me with terrible not real stories, set up for me altercation problem with others, they have stories I need the ACGME to hear to their rediculious stories to tell us exactly if they are exaggerating or making up stories or I am stupid, their problem they underestimated me, they called me stupid several times, I never been triggered and I was taking notes for all of this so everyone knows exactly how to respect his position. If you see the butcher holding the knife to cut your throat..no matter what you apologize.. what else you can do?

ACGME is not going to do anything. They'll say it's internal matter. It will not work.

As for what you said about them asking you to resign but you refused, well, you may get to finish the year, but you are unlikely to be given a contract for next year. Now is the time to do the best you can to try and get someone to be willing to support you in another residency somewhere. It will not be easy for you.

Reactions: 1 users

He wasn't trying to be disrespectful, but you are proving his point.

It is hard to understand you because your proficiency with the language is not great. It is possible that you may have misunderstood some things that were said to you, because of that language barrier. That was not to take the "dialogue out of the respect frame." He was pointing out that your dialogue makes it so that there are misunderstandings. That may be why your program seems to be treating you "out of the respect frame."

No one sets out to ruin someone else's career for fun. But if it is frustrating to communicate with you, that might be why they have lost patience and are ready to push you out.

With all of your posts in this thread and in others, I wonder if you are interacting with people in a way that causes mistrust or unlikeability and you aren't able to notice it. Your writing is at times hard to read and understand. It's obvious there is an English-communication issue and this could be an underlying problem.

Given your difficulty in obtaining a spot based on your prior posts, you need to do everything possible to keep this spot. You're not likely to find another. Find some faculty members you feel you can trust and approach them yourself. Set up a meeting time to review things with them and get their thoughts and opinions. If that doesn't prove helpful, ever try looking to senior residents. They likely know whats going on here as well and can give you insight if you can trust them.

Good luck.
I am sorry that you perceived me wrong, I hope you can understand my situation i am living a nightmare, I dont sleep myself since I felt threatened in this program. I approached whoever can be trustable to help me in my situation. Some of the faculties refused to give me appointments. Will see but

He wasn't trying to be disrespectful, but you are proving his point.

It is hard to understand you because your proficiency with the language is not great. It is possible that you may have misunderstood some things that were said to you, because of that language barrier. That was not to take the "dialogue out of the respect frame." He was pointing out that your dialogue makes it so that there are misunderstandings. That may be why your program seems to be treating you "out of the respect frame."

No one sets out to ruin someone else's career for fun. But if it is frustrating to communicate with you, that might be why they have lost patience and are ready to push you out.
You are trying to proof the wrong .. I have very high English scoring tests. I was born in the state and grew up her and I graduated from Caribbean medical school because my family were not able to get me into Allopathic or DO school. So i dont know from where you trying to post the wrong message! do you sympathize with them

ACGME is not going to do anything. They'll say it's internal matter. It will not work.

As for what you said about them asking you to resign but you refused, well, you may get to finish the year, but you are unlikely to be given a contract for next year. Now is the time to do the best you can to try and get someone to be willing to support you in another residency somewhere. It will not be easy for you.
By the way, I offered them to leave after the end of my 2nd year. They seems not accepting this option.

You are trying to proof the wrong .. I have very high English scoring tests. I was born in the state and grew up her and I graduated from Caribbean medical school because my family were not able to get me into Allopathic or DO school. So i dont know from where you trying to post the wrong message! do you sympathize with them

While you may be able to read English well on a test, your writing on here is difficult to understand. I could parse through just this message to show you what's wrong, but that would just be piling on and isn't necessary.

I believe you have a significant inability to have good insight into your situation as well as difficulty with communication. This is likely the root of your issues.

As well, its not your family's responsibility to get you into medical school.

Good luck.

Last edited:
You have no insight whatsoever. Having been in a similar situation, I can tell you it's a defense mechanism. Unless you can demonstrate your insight into these issues, you will have a hard time. I genuinely wish you good luck for these troubling times.

"Speak the truth even if it may be against you"

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
Threads like this are often disappointing. Creating a thread to ask for advice and then arguing with the people who tried to help is diagnostic of the communication problems that got the OP here in the first place.

OP it sounds like the horse is out of the barn. If you have any chance to transfer and start over in a nonsurgical specialty, this is the time.

Okay seriously, you can't be real.

No one born and raised in the US could have such poor command of the language, not if they were someone who graduated medical school, managed to get a residency to accept them, and somehow hadn't managed to be fired prior to now.

Troll quality 5/10.

Reactions: 19 users
I highly doubt this is true...your English is very hard to understand and if you respond to people at work in the manner you have here, I imagine that there are some difficulties with how they perceive you...

Threads like this are often disappointing. Creating a thread to ask for advice and then arguing with the people who tried to help is diagnostic of the communication problems that got the OP here in the first place.

OP it sounds like the horse is out of the barn. If you have any chance to transfer and start over in a nonsurgical specialty, this is the time.

I am not arguing
I have done all the choices they offered to me
So what I should do ?!

What if I told you that two of my seniors knows from two months ago that I will be kick out and they told one of my friends in other departments they don't know they are my friends ...

While you may be able to read English well on a test, your writing on here is difficult to understand. I could parse through just this message to show you what's wrong, but that would just be piling on and isn't necessary.

I believe you have a significant inability to have good insight into your situation as well as difficulty with communication. This is likely the root of your issues.

As well, its not your family's responsibility to get you into medical school.

Good luck.
You are attaching me all the way since we started the conversation
Please leave the conversation
You are not helpful you have destructive attitude

I highly doubt this is true...your English is very hard to understand and if you respond to people at work in the manner you have here, I imagine that there are some difficulties with how they perceive you...

Do you need me to share my birth certificate

You are attaching me all the way since we started the conversation
Please leave the conversation
You are not helpful you have destructive attitude

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I have not been "attaching" you at all. I am attempting to help you gain insight, but this isn't what you want to hear. As this is a public forum, I am able to comment as I see fit within the Terms of Service agreement of this forum. This isn't a destructive attitude, this is an honest and realistic one.

As before, I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Do you need me to share my birth certificate

hmm...didn't you post this on another (now closed) thread?
do FMGs have a good chance at matching(gyn/ob) if they get real good scores?

Dr. Midlife, you are wrong. I appreciate all the opinion that state it clear. it is almost dead end for FMG to get OBGYN in USA.
I am unfortunately in this crap situation, I have been looking for residency after I came from my country to USA because my American husband want to comeback. This is my 5 years looking for resdiency and doing researches.. publications ..earning nothing.. paying for my rents living and no one helping me or even look at me,, or even give me a chance. on top of this, my American husband have divorced me and let me struggle in this battle alone. Americans are horrible people they killed my career, marriage, and am now taking anti anxiety medications to stay calm. They don't accept FMG and even if you were the top of your class or even have super high scores. Now i am thinking to shoot myself because even other specialties like FM IM peds, dont want to give me residency training also.

Last edited:
Im sorry to hear about this

Its true that residency is probably one of the occupations most akin to slavery in modern civilization

Your employee holds complete power over you, paying below minimal salary, and can easily remove you as and when they feel fit

Like many other posters there is not much you can do except to bow your head to your overlords for this is what you have openly chosen to go into

Unfortunately as an IMG you are an easier target for discrimination both in real life and as you have witnessed on these boards too. Rather than come to a communal understanding, the expectation is for you to forsake your past rather than in many other countries where multiculturalism and diversity thrives

Other than keeping track and documenting the incidences of unfair treatment, I suggest seeking the advice of a lawyer to best handle situations like this, which would most likely be a combination of grovelling etc

Best of luck

Its true that residency is probably one of the occupations most akin to slavery in modern civilization

Your employee holds complete power over you, paying below minimal salary, and can easily remove you as and when they feel fit

Like many other posters there is not much you can do except to bow your head to your overlords for this is what you have openly chosen to go into

Unfortunately as an IMG you are an easier target for discrimination both in real life and as you have witnessed on these boards too. Rather than come to a communal understanding, the expectation is for you to forsake your past rather than in many other countries where multiculturalism and diversity thrives

Other than keeping track and documenting the incidences of unfair treatment, I suggest seeking the advice of a lawyer to best handle situations like this, which would most likely be a combination of grovelling etc

Best of luck
Thanks very much for your insightful share, you literally have said what i felt over this form as well as in real work station.

Dr. Midlife, you are wrong. I appreciate all the opinion that state it clear. it is almost dead end for FMG to get OBGYN in USA.
I am unfortunately in this crap situation, I have been looking for residency after I came from my country to USA because my American husband want to comeback. This is my 5 years looking for resdiency and doing researches.. publications ..earning nothing.. paying for my rents living and no one helping me or even look at me,, or even give me a chance. on top of this, my American husband have divorced me and let me struggle in this battle alone. Americans are horrible people they killed my career, marriage, and am now taking anti anxiety medications to stay calm. They don't accept FMG and even if you were the top of your class or even have super high scores. Now i am thinking to shoot myself because even other specialties like FM IM peds, dont want to give me residency training also.

Thanks very much for your insightful share, you literally have said what i felt over this form as well as in real work station.
I am going to consult lawyer... is form is not the place for the such problem.

this-will-not-f8zztm.jpg

Reactions: 13 users
I am going to consult lawyer... is form is not the place for the such problem.

So I'm sorry for what you are going through. It has to be challenging to be asked to resign. It's unclear why this was asked of you - was it clinical underperformance? Were you viewed in an unfavorable way? It's unclear.
It's likely difficult for a FMG who has already had trouble securing a spot to secure another spot if fired. Getting the ACGME involved will very unlikely lead to a good outcome for the resident.
I agree with others that it is difficult to understand your writing, so even if you scored well on tests (perhaps the TOEFL?) it might be that it's difficult for you to communicate in your program. Particularly in a field like OBGYN where the malignancy factor is on steroids, communication problems, FMG status, difficulty getting along with others, etc. might have created the situation you are in.
You also seem to make statements that are inflammatory such as talking about americans being awful people, destroying your career, etc. If you behave in that way towards your superiors/residents/etc, that will not go well.
I would highly suggest that you try to deal with this in an objective, non accussatory fashion towards your program. Getting ACGME, lawyer, etc will likely blow up in your face, and you will end up with nothing, no position now and likely no position in the future as your PD will not give you a good letter once you leave the program.
Best thing is if you are able to salvage your position. If you can't, leaving on the best terms possible with your PD/program would be best. Again being an FMG, having language difficulties, having had trouble obtaining a position for years, etc. are all things that are against you.
Good luck.

Oh boy.

Comparing medical residency to slavery is beyond ridiculous.

What are these countries where multiculturalism thrives?

“The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging.” ― Warren Buffett.

If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are … a different game you should play – Yoda

Reactions: 2 users