Husband (significant other) matching one year after me; trying to get into the same program or city

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scurvy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Let me get right into it, as the title of the thread suggests, my husband will be matching one year after me. I am applying to IM this upcoming cycle in 2017 and he will be applying in 2018. We are both IMGs and hoping to get into university based programs. We are both interested in Internal Medicine only. I have already taken a year off to do research, take step 3 and gather more USCE (5 months total). Our biggest concern is of course matching into the same program for IM or at least to be in the same city so that we can live together. Just hoping there is someone out there who has been in a similar situation and can offer some advice and perhaps explain what they did to make this happen. What can we do to create the highest chances of him matching to the same location or program? Are programs generally understanding when it comes to marriage and try to be accommodating? Any insight into a similar situation would mean the world to me. If there are any program directors out there who can also shed some light that would be fantastic as well.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.