HRT Doctor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jemapellealexis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm interested in pursuing a career in medicine so I can help the trans community in my country. I was looking into Hormone Replacement Therapy in general, but it did not mention what specialized doctor is capable of prescribing such treatment.

I was wondering if y'all could help me figure this out, so I can narrow down the specialty I would like to focus on.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!

I'm interested in pursuing a career in medicine so I can help the trans community in my country. I was looking into Hormone Replacement Therapy in general, but it did not mention what specialized doctor is capable of prescribing such treatment.

I was wondering if y'all could help me figure this out, so I can narrow down the specialty I would like to focus on.

I don't know what country you're in, but in the U.S., most of the doctors who do transgender hormone therapy are in primary care or endocrinology. I've also heard of gynecologists and urologists prescribing hormones for trans patients.

Reactions: 1 user