HPSP Navy Bonus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pookatooth

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to sign acknowledgement of the bonus when you commission or can you do it before even sending in your kit? I know forms signed on the same day are important in the military and was just wondering if anyone had any insight into this.

(Navy specific)

Members don't see this ad.

When I was applying for the scholarship I signed a form that stated I wanted to accept the bonus with a four year scholarship. So when I got my final select letter it said "Your $20,000 accession bonus has also been approved and a copy of this letter will be forwarded to the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) Accessions Department for processing after you commission".

Not really sure why anyone would turn it down if they were doing the four year version.

Reactions: 1 user
You sign it before as Fets mentioned as well as in the commissioning documents.

Members don't see this ad :)
You sign it before as Fets mentioned as well as in the commissioning documents.
Thanks, when do you actually commission with the scholarship? Is it when you receive the scholarship or is it after being accredited as a dentist?

Thanks, when do you actually commission with the scholarship? Is it when you receive the scholarship or is it after being accredited as a dentist?
You commission with the scholarship. You are considered an O1 during dental school.

Reactions: 1 users