HPSP Commisioning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C10H15N

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I seemed to have ran into a little problem. I have received the HPSP and will hopefully be commissioning in July. I met the Body fat percentage at MEPS in December and passed with the tape measurements and not by body weight since I am a very large person (played defensive end in college). I had a few medial issue dealing with my ability to keep exercising and have gained weight. So by the time I actually commission I believe I will not be in the body fat standards. So my question is will they weigh/ tape measure me when I go to commission? Or do they just assume that I passed meps 6 months ago so I am okay? I am very worried about the situation. I am no stranger to losing weight and it will not be an issue in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

So if you have commissioned recently or in the past could you share if you were measured before you could commission. Thanks!

You won't get weighed again until you go to ODS. If you are out of standards there they can send you home, or they will put you on weight control.

If you fail two weigh-ins you can be separated from the Navy, so do lose that weight ASAP.

Reactions: 1 user
You won't get weighed again until you go to ODS. If you are out of standards there they can send you home, or they will put you on weight control.

If you fail two weigh-ins you can be separated from the Navy, so do lose that weight ASAP.
Thanks for the quick reply! I was just worried because I am so grateful/excited about the HPSP and everything is represents and would hate to lose it because I gained too much weight at the wrong time.