HPSP: Air Force

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jordansnfootbal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back for the HPSP scholly recently? I am applying Air Force. My recruiter said we should hear back this month but have not heard back from him. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was just commissioned by the Air Force two days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea. I was considered exceptionally qualified due to academics. Also no red flags on anything. The military motto is, "Hurry up and wait." I was told I would receive my signing bonus in 4-6 weeks, but I know that really means 3 months...

No idea. I was considered exceptionally qualified due to academics. Also no red flags on anything. The military motto is, "Hurry up and wait." I was told I would receive my signing bonus in 4-6 weeks, but I know that really means 3 months...
So does that mean you've already started receiving your deposits?

Dang. That's wild. I was an automatic approval or whatever my recruiter claimed I was due to academics but I'm still waiting on scroll. Good for you thou! No worries.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Consider it as getting your first paycheck for a job. The next pay period is 2 weeks away, unless you are smack in the middle of a pay period, then it's about 3 weeks away. Then realize you are dealing with the bureaucracy and size of the federal government, and concede that 4-6 weeks is completely reasonable. This is your first lesson to the DoD's unofficial motto: hurry up and wait

Reactions: 1 user
So for those of you awaiting scroll approval, how do you plan to manage finances in the case that the stipend doesn't come until much after matriculation.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile