How's SRM University!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sprit24

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking to join dental program in SRM university as
an international student however not sure about that program
most of NRI/Foreign student consider to choose Manipal,SRMC
or somewhere still do not know which one is right place for foreign
even also need to know about best dental college in India usually
can find easily about Medicine program but can find anything about
Dental program!!!

Need your help and advice too anyone who study Dental program in
India or well-known about that program, don't mind can you explain
more detail for me!!!! seriously answer,please!!!!:D

Members don't see this ad.

advice is.....

college bhanva jati nathi ne java deti nathi maa mane chokri gamti nathi

try to focus on studies instead of chokri....

I would prolly try manipal because there are a lot of nris that also do dental there, other colleges in india don't have many nri's going to them for dental.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would prolly try manipal because there are a lot of nris that also do dental there, other colleges in india don't have many nri's going to them for dental.
is manipal recognised by medical council of india? i'm a NRI 2 & i'm planing 2 go to sri ramachandra medical college...

i'm a NRI aswell & wanna do medicine... i have applied 4 medicine in SRM & SRMC... but my 1st preference is ramchandra (SRMC) bcause its almost 20 yrs old whereas SRM has just started medicine (SRM has a VERY good name 4 engineering).. besides, SRMC has much higher ranking and is affliated with harvard!! manipal is having a lot of problems with recognition (they have lost their recognition twice & have now been recommended 2 derocogniton so, they can loose it anytime when u r doin the course) so, i'm nt trying there! SRMC a lil more expensive than SRM but its worth it if u get in there.. SRMC is recognised by all the states in the U.S. but SRM is NOT RECOGNISED by medical council of india so, u have 2 keep that in mind! SRMC is also recognised by WHO but SRM is not... SRMC has much higher standards & a better name! SRMC has 1 of the best hospitals in chennai... u'll see more patients there than ny other private college.. big shots lyk politicians go there! whatever i said goes 4 both medicine & dentistry...
SRMC has a very BIG NRI community, compared 2 SRM!

hope this has been useful, spirit24!

I was thinking to join dental program in SRM university as
an international student however not sure about that program
most of NRI/Foreign student consider to choose Manipal,SRMC
or somewhere still do not know which one is right place for foreign
even also need to know about best dental college in India usually
can find easily about Medicine program but can find anything about
Dental program!!!

Need your help and advice too anyone who study Dental program in
India or well-known about that program, don't mind can you explain
more detail for me!!!! seriously answer,please!!!!:D
i'm a NRI aswell & wanna do medicine... i have applied 4 medicine in SRM & SRMC... but my 1st preference is ramchandra (SRMC) bcause its almost 20 yrs old whereas SRM has just started medicine (SRM has a VERY good name 4 engineering).. besides, SRMC has much higher ranking and is affliated with harvard!! manipal is having a lot of problems with recognition (they have lost their recognition twice & have now been recommended 2 derocogniton so, they can loose it anytime when u r doin the course) so, i'm nt trying there! SRMC a lil more expensive than SRM but its worth it if u get in there.. SRMC is recognised by all the states in the U.S. but SRM is NOT RECOGNISED by medical council of india so, u have 2 keep that in mind! SRMC is also recognised by WHO but SRM is not... SRMC has much higher standards & a better name! SRMC has 1 of the best hospitals in chennai... u'll see more patients there than ny other private college.. big shots lyk politicians go there! whatever i said goes 4 both medicine & dentistry...
SRMC has a very BIG NRI community, compared 2 SRM!

hope this has been useful, spirit24!

Well I guess I'm bringing this old thread back to life but how is SRMC now (like as of 2014)? I'm a NRI and got into some bio-med engineering programs here in the US but I really want to go into medicine and practice in India (not in the US). I studied in an Indian boarding school for 6-7th grade in Tamil Nadu so I'm used to the weather, food and stuff like that. I want to know how the teachers/ students are? Do you SRMC people like it there? Any experiences or thoughts you think would be nice for me to know? Thanks people and have a great day!

Hi,
I couldn't find any recent conversations about SRMC so I decided to start one. Just wondering how things are at the college as of now. I'm NRI thinking of applying to the college next year at SRMC. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how things are like over there. Thank you ^.^
Arisa

hi!! so its 2016 and i just came across this thread. i am in the us currently thinking of going to med school in india, and i was wonderinf if anyone has insight into which schools are easiest to adjust to for USA students and how hard it is for USA students to study there? plz

hi!! so its 2016 and i just came across this thread. i am in the us currently thinking of going to med school in india, and i was wonderinf if anyone has insight into which schools are easiest to adjust to for USA students and how hard it is for USA students to study there? plz
For US IMG's who were educated in India, 60 out of 199 matched into a specialty of choice, 139 did not.
See page 22: http://www.ecfmg.org/resources/NRMP...atch-International-Medical-Graduates-2014.pdf

If you want to be a doctor in the USA, go to med school in the USA.

gyngyn, goro, thank you for your advice but the reason i am asking is because of finaicial/personal reasons, i am not, and its not that im saying"oh its so hard" or any excuses, i legit cannot get admission to a us medical/dental school because of some personal reasons that is why i was asking. and i do not mind not coming back to the usa to practice, my main goal is to become a doctor, and after that it does not make a difference to me, where i would practice.