How's my OAT score? What are my chances?

Kat3H49

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

So I recently wrote my OAT and I am wondering what my chances are of getting into an Optometry school at this point. I am a Bio major and Psych minor. I am applying to get in after my 3rd year (so no Bachelor Degree) but I have a 3.98 cumulative GPA. I have been working at an Optometry clinic for 2 summers now so I have lot's of work experience and shadowing. My OAT score is a little bit of a blimp though. Here it is:
QR: 290
Bio:300
RC: 360
GenChem: 320
OChem: 290
Physics: 280
TS: 290
AA: 310

Any advice? Anyone out there with a similar circumstance as myself that still managed to get in somewhere? I know my OAT isn't great- but I gotta say it is a bit better than the 280 I kept getting on the Kaplan test prep lol.
Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA is great but your OAT scores are a big red flag. The sections under 300 and the TS of 290 is going to make you less competitive. I would imagine most schools will ask you to retake but it's hard for any of us to tell you with 100% certainty.
I would reach out to the schools and see what the admissions counselors say.

Your GPA is great but your OAT scores are a big red flag. The sections under 300 and the TS of 290 is going to make you less competitive. I would imagine most schools will ask you to retake but it's hard for any of us to tell you with 100% certainty.
I would reach out to the schools and see what the admissions counselors say.
Thank you so much for your help!! That is a great idea to get into contact with the potential schools to see what they say!