Howard University Occupational Therapy

rachhdionn

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am a junior in college and I would really like to attend Howard University for Occupational Therapy. Is there any advice anyone would like to give in regards to getting accepted? Current student stats prior to applying? Pre reqs? I would just like to get more insight from the students prospective.

Members don't see this ad.

for those who got in , if you don't mind could you share your stats - I plan on applying next year and would like to know what I am getting myself into .
- is it a hard program to get accepted into ?
- is there an interview process ?
- and do they focus heavily on gpa or all aspects of the application ?
* if you respond please respond with stats , answers to the question and the schools you were accepted or denied *

- thank you so much in advance , it'll be great help !!!

Hi!
Stats:
GPA: 3.51 on OTCAS
Pre-Req GPA: Really not sure because it was different for each school.
GRE: 302 overall plus 4.0 writing
Observation: 140 in Pediatrics, 15 in outpatient, 45 in inpatient (geriatrics)
Extracurricular activities: Exercise Science club at Tennessee Tech University, Phi Epsilon Kappa honor society, nanny for a child with special needs.

Applied to: Howard University, UTC, UTHSC Memphis, and Midwestern University-Downers Grove
Accepted: Howard Uni
Rejected: UTC
Still waiting to hear from Memphis and Midwestern.

There was an interview that I had with Howard University over skype in early February and then a month later I found out I was waitlisted and then accepted! I would say that Howard looks at your whole application. I am proud of my GPA, but I feel like it's not outstanding and I did have one C in Anatomy 2. They seemed to look at my other stuff as a whole and my personal essay and I believe that is why I got an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
Stats:
Extracurricular activities: Exercise Science club at Tennessee Tech University, Phi Epsilon Kappa honor society, nanny for a child with special needs.

Applied to: Howard University, UTC, UTHSC Memphis, and Midwestern University-Downers Grove

There was an interview that I had with Howard University over skype in early February and then a month later I found out I was waitlisted and then accepted! I would say that Howard looks at your whole application. I am proud of my GPA, but I feel like it's not outstanding and I did have one C in Anatomy 2. They seemed to look at my other stuff as a whole and my personal essay and I believe that is why I got an interview.
Could you provide an example of your essay so I know what to actually say in mine , would be greatly appreciated

Hi!
Stats:

A very wonderful example. :):):)

เกมส์ไฮโล

Hi!
Stats:

Have you heard back from UTHSC yet? When did you apply?

Have you heard back from UTHSC yet? When did you apply?

I applied to UTHSC in February and their deadline is March 5th. I just found out a few days ago that I have an interview with them on April 21st. I really like their program because it seems like they look at the whole application instead of just GPA and GRE.

I applied to UTHSC in February and their deadline is March 5th. I just found out a few days ago that I have an interview with them on April 21st. I really like their program because it seems like they look at the whole application instead of just GPA and GRE.

Me too! I agree. As long as you keep in touch with them they will really look at your overall application to see that you made the effort.

Me too! I agree. As long as you keep in touch with them they will really look at your overall application to see that you made the effort.
Can y'all
Share stats

Can y'all
Share stats

University: UT - Martin
Major: Health and Human Performance
Overall GPA: 3.56
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6 range
GRE: 149 on V & Q; Writing: 4.5
Extra Curric: Member of a sorority, involved in two leadership organizations on campus, ABA tech at a children's treatment center for Autsim since 2015.
Observation hours: 65 hours in geriatrics, 8 hours in pediatrics

Applied: UTHSC-Memphis (invited back for an interview later this month) --- this is the only school in my area that I can apply to currently because I will not have my bachelors degree until December of this year. All of my other programs that I've looked into require a bachelors degree in-hand.
Accepted: TBA

Hi!
Stats:

I got my acceptance e-mail yesterday for UTHSC!