Program-Specific Info / Q's Howard MSOT Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTHopeful_123

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Howard? I recently got an email about an interview and was wondering

Members don't see this ad.

I just heard about 2 weeks ago that my app is under review..that is the last I heard anything. Congrats on the interview!

I just heard about 2 weeks ago that my app is under review..that is the last I heard anything. Congrats on the interview!
Thanks! I haven't heard anything since I've replied and I'm getting nervous cause it schedule for tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview on 2/14 and I heard back yesterday! I got in!

I had an interview with Howard last week and found out I was accepted today!

Reactions: 1 user
I had an interview on Feb 7th. I'm still waiting to hear back.

I had an interview yesterday! Would you mind sharing your stats?

University: Caldwell University
Major: Health Sciences with a Psychology Minor
Overall GPA: 3.38
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5
GRE: Verbal 146 Quantitative 151 Analytical 3.5
Shadowing: 122 hours hospital, 40 hours peds, and I work at a pediatric therapy center
Acceptances: Howard
Rejections: Thomas Jefferson
Wait-listed: LIU
Interviews: Howard, LIU

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all! to people that got interviews (still have heard nothing), how long did you find out before the actual interview date?

Congrats to all! to people that got interviews (still have heard nothing), how long did you find out before the actual interview date?

I got an invite email on Feb 3, so about 10 days before the actual interview.

Hi all,
I have also been accepted! I was wondering if anyone had any information about on campus housing. Is that an option? Do students commonly live on or off campus?

Has anyone heard from Howard? I recently got an email about an interview and was wondering
Hello, I had my interview on Feb 7 and I haven't heard anything back yet. Congrats to everyone that were accepted. Patiently Waiting :)

For those of you who have been accepted, how long after your interview did you hear back?

Hi all,
I have also been accepted! I was wondering if anyone had any information about on campus housing. Is that an option? Do students commonly live on or off campus?

I hear on campus is very expensive so most live off. I'm planning to live in the Virginia or Maryland area and just commute.

Last edited:
To the people attending...Do you know if there is a Facebook group for people attending this fall?

Reactions: 2 users
anyone else just heard nothing at all from Howard?

To those that have been accepted, have you guys recieved any information after sending the conformation and payment?

I had my interview on Feb 6th and got accepted two weeks after. They wanted me to send the payment and verification form by March 3rd. For those who have not heard back or still waiting for the interview, I heard they do the interview till march end, so do not lose hope.

Reactions: 1 users
I had an interview and have not heard anything
Don't feel bad I haven't heard anything either I called and they said give it til the middle of march! Don't loose faith hold on

To those that have been accepted, have you guys recieved any information after sending the conformation and payment?
I called and asked if my payment was received. They called me back to say they got it, no email or letters though .

Recieved my acceptance letter yesterday !

Has anyone heard anything recently? I interviewed back on February 27th and still have not heard anything..

Has anyone heard anything recently? I interviewed back on February 27th and still have not heard anything..

I had a skype interview with Howard on Feb 27th too! Luckily, I have put down a deposit at a different OT program recently so I have kind of given up on contacting Howard. But since the interview I did call the school multiple times and emailed the woman who I interviewed with too. It was pretty frustrating but, the last I heard was they hadn't made an admissions decision for me yet. I don't think it hurts to call to ask about you admissions status though. Best of luck! Stay positive!

I had a skype interview with Howard on Feb 27th too! Luckily, I have put down a deposit at a different OT program recently so I have kind of given up on contacting Howard. But since the interview I did call the school multiple times and emailed the woman who I interviewed with too. It was pretty frustrating but, the last I heard was they hadn't made an admissions decision for me yet. I don't think it hurts to call to ask about you admissions status though. Best of luck! Stay positive!
Thanks so much for the response! I might try calling next week

I got waitlisted. Got the email yesterday morning.

Has anyone been removed from the waitlist at Howard? As of May 5th they told me no one had been taken off the waitlist to be accepted.

Anyone know if they out emphasis on the GRE? Im thinking about applying but I do not see anything about the GRE on their website and I cannot get anyone to answer the phone to ask.

Anyone know if they out emphasis on the GRE? Im thinking about applying but I do not see anything about the GRE on their website and I cannot get anyone to answer the phone to ask.
I am a current student. My GRE score was on the lower end but I think if you have a higher GPA, good recommendations etc. they will take that into account. Good luck !

Hey all! I just got in to Howards OT program yesterday!! Can anyone in the program tell me a little about the program? How it is and the areas to live