How would you start VERY early to improve as a radiologist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeyBee

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I searched a lot of topics before deciding to post, but I feel that my context and my reasons are quite uncommon and probably I would benefit a lot from some specific opinions.

On the long-run, I would like to work in the field of teleradiology to benefit from working anywhere in the world in order to be able to accomplish some goals outside medicine.

I will begin the third year of medical school out of six in october.
Basically, my medical school (I am from Eastern Europe) demands almost nothing from me and , even if I completely freak out the remaining 4 years of medical school , I will still get a medical licence and I will match in a radiology residency.

My questions is:

I am 100% sure that I will do radiology for the rest of my life and I want to be relatively at the top of this field. Would you advise me to dive deep into radiology or learn as good as I can the general curriculum of medical school (biochemistry, genetics, physiology, pathology, all clinical specialities etc.) ?
I can't understand why detailed biochemistry would be important for a radiologist, but I want to make sure that I am not missing something because I am quite inexperienced.
Maybe someone can give me an overview about what a radiologist should know?

I'm not sure if I emphasized enough the fact that I want to do 100% radiology and I want to use the following 4 years where I will do nothing at my medical school just to increase my chances to be a top radiologist.

I appreciate every comment!

... and I apologize for any mistake, I am not a native speaker and I feel like there are some mistakes hidden for my naive English-writing skills.

Members don't see this ad.