how to study for step 3 and materials needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amberphana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I am starting to study for step 3. I haven't studied for steps in a year and wanted to get step 3 in before applications are due this year for eras. I was wondering if anybody has any input on study material. I want to do more than just pass. Was hoping to get above the mean average.

Any suggestions on study material and where to find them online that would be helpful. I have MTB3 latest edition. Ive read through the forums.. some people suggest crush CCS, but can't find it online. Hoping someone has it and would be so kind as to send it to me?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe kaplan has a pretty good mcq and there's a new CCS out by Passfirst that's top notch. Has a few practice cases so you can see how it works before you buy.

passfirst.com

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey
I just passed Step 3 last week.
I studied MTB-3, twice, did U-WORLD twice (averaging 62% and 72%) timed and read the explanations.
i also did Kaplan Qbank once with average around 65%
I read the MTB-3 for my weak areas hard.
I did UWSA 2 weeks out before exam and got ~220
Now here's the catch, CCS. Yes, it would curve your score big time depending how you do on it.
I would do UWORLD CCS software cases and familiarize myself with it to minute detail. It's as close to actual exam as it can.
Cases are not exam carbon copy but pretty good idea as to what orders input you should be expecting.

Lastly, this exam is the most general exam in all Steps in content wise. Mean, it includes questions from all steps.
Prepare for it well and focus on your weak areas more. CCS is easy to grab points on.

Hope that helped :)
Good luck!

T

Hi ! Im writing bc I want to know if any of you has had the opportunity to compare the latest versions of Master the Boards for Step 3, 3rd and 4th edition. What are each version's strenghts and weaknesses ? Which one is a better source to study for the board.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile