USMLE How to Raise USMLE Step 1 Score, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc2005

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm preparing for the USMLE after a long abence from medical school. I have recieved the following scores since beginning my preparation in January. I would like advice from those of you who have taken the exam and can enlighten me as to what it will take for me to PASS this exam.

Thank you in advance to everyone:

3/3/17, NBME 13: 144
3/7/17, UWorld SIM1: 153
3/30/17, NBME 15: 167
4/12/17, NBME 16: 169
4/24/17, UWorld SIM2: 168

What am I doing wrong as I'm flattening out and I have exam date in mid-June. What specific resources would you recommend at this stage for me to improve my score to 200-210.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm preparing for the USMLE after a long abence from medical school. I have recieved the following scores since beginning my preparation in January. I would like advice from those of you who have taken the exam and can enlighten me as to what it will take for me to PASS this exam.

Thank you in advance to everyone:

3/3/17, NBME 13: 144
3/7/17, UWorld SIM1: 153
3/30/17, NBME 15: 167
4/12/17, NBME 16: 169
4/24/17, UWorld SIM2: 168

What am I doing wrong as I'm flattening out and I have exam date in mid-June. What specific resources would you recommend at this stage for me to improve my score to 200-210.
Your basic science foundation must be weak to be consistently scoring that low.

What are the resources you've been using and how have you been using them?

Hey, I heard boards & beyond is helpful if you are lacking in foundation. I recently bought it, so I can't really speak to how good it is, but a lot of people really seem to like it. And do uworld as much as you can.

And if you don't like those perhaps you can try out the Kaplan books.

Purely foundational knowledge to be getting scores that low. You need to do a comprehensive review. UW 2x + FA repetitiously. Then take your next exam.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking up some information on yousmle. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Some advice on resources would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I need some help. Im new to this forum. I just took my first NBME and scored a 203. My exam is in exactly one month. What resources do you guys recommend to raise my score? I have already gone through first aid, pathoma, and sketchy twice. Im obviously doing something wrong, just can't figure out what! Also, I was looking up some information on yousmle. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Some advice on resources for the next month would be greatly appreciated.

UW?