How to pick a good podiatry Residency Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hippo2010

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all genius people out there,
I am a 2nd year pod student and I am so sorry that it may be too early for me to ask but I would like to seek advice and how to know that it is a good clinical rotation and good residency program? I am interest on surgery and perfectly orthopedic ( but I know it's tough for me when I do not have phenomenon gpa and leadership bla bla bla to compete with others). My dream is going to residency at Kaiser at NorthCal but I dont know if this will be too hard. Could you please share some tips on this? Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I am interest on surgery and perfectly orthopedic ( but I know it's tough for me when I do not have phenomenon gpa

I'm not saying this to be mean, but I'd make sure and proofread any communications you may send to a future residency program.

Reactions: 3 users
One of the biggest challenges (other than mastering biomechanics) of podiatry school for me was determining which programs to clerkship with in my 4th year. Those are the places where you are most likely to pick from when ranking residencies. Make a list of what's important to you (location, # hours per week working, type of training focus, etc.). Then use the residency resource guide here on sdn and if the student podiatry association still prints the program reviews, get these and study them. Talk to residents at the residency fairs at your school. Then pick clerkships based on this. So focus more on clerkships than residencies.

Reactions: 1 user