How to match into derm?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you for the reply. Is there any benefit to contacting the program director versus another attending in the department? Obviously the director would have the most influence down the line, but in my case , it appears that this other attending in the derm department is the one pumping out the most research / seems to be more involved with the med school (teaches an M2 derm course)...

Would definitely get in touch with the attending that is more productive in terms of research. It not only increases your chance of being productive from a research standpoint, but this faculty member is more likely to be known in the field (will help down the line in terms of LOR, making calls etc).

Edit: ^^beat me to it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Derm is clinic. For introverts clinic can be a tough grind. If you feel drained with the minimal patient contact you get as MS1, you may want to actually shadow more outpatient specialties before committing.

8 hrs a day might feel like 16 by the end of the day..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

this is so true...i have been experiencing this and i find my self leaning more towards anesthesiology as a introvert.