How long of a time window does your ATT letter give you to take the NAPLEX/MPJE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slippers

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the dates you can test depend on your school's graduation date, but how long of a time period does the board of pharmacy typically give you during which you can test?

Also, how many times a week is the test offered by Pearson?

I know it will take some time to get my ATT, but I just wanted to have a general idea of when my testing date could be, since PearsonVue will not allow you to look at available test dates until after you receive your ATT.

Members don't see this ad.

I know the dates you can test depend on your school's graduation date, but how long of a time period does the board of pharmacy typically give you during which you can test?

Also, how many times a week is the test offered by Pearson?

I know it will take some time to get my ATT, but I just wanted to have a general idea of when my testing date could be, since PearsonVue will not allow you to look at available test dates until after you receive your ATT.
I think you have a year to take it. It's offered every day.

I think you have a year to take it. It's offered every day.

I'm going to be a resident in a state that I have no experience with. If I hypothetically failed the MPJE for that state, how quickly would I be able to retake the exam? Would I need another ATT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the state and what their policies are. Some may be 6 months, some may be 1 year. Most are 1 year I believe. It's basically good until your application expires.

I'm going to be a resident in a state that I have no experience with. If I hypothetically failed the MPJE for that state, how quickly would I be able to retake the exam? Would I need another ATT?

If you fail the MPJE you have to wait 30 days before you can retest. This is also state specific, I believe some states (Illinois?) require classes/intern hours if you fail. Most just make you wait 30 days and pay again to retest.

It depends on the state. After your ATT generated, you would be able to schedule your exam date on Pearsonvue within 1 or 2 days.

Illinois requires classes if you fail 3 times. I heard of a case for the MPJE, but not the NAPLEX.