How long do schools usually take on average to invite you for an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmguy01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long do schools usually take on average to invite you for an interview after the PharmCAS application is verified and the school has emailed you that they have received it? I heard of some people getting invites within a day or a week! Is this true? How long did it take you guys in the last if you remember? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Looking back through old emails, it looks like I submitted a supplemental application for the program I was accepted into and got an email saying that they received the supplemental application on 9/29. I was notified that they were reviewing my application on 10/24, and I received an interview invite on 10/25. They invited me attend, so I must have looked somewhat acceptable. :)

The other program I applied to indicated that they received my application and invited me to interview on the same day (10/19).

It looks like it varies a bit. The type of email might make a difference. One program sent out separate emails for received vs reviewing, and the other program just sent out one email. Both of my invites were late October.

Last edited:
Looking back through old emails, it looks like I submitted a supplemental application for the program I was accepted into and got an email saying that they received the supplemental application on 9/29. I was notified that they were reviewing my application on 10/24, and I received an interview invite on 10/25. They invited me attend, so I must have looked somewhat acceptable. :)

The other program I applied to indicated that they received my application and invited me to interview on the same day (10/19).

It looks like it varies a bit. The type of email might make a difference. One program sent out separate emails for received vs reviewing, and the other program just sent out one email. Both of my invites were late October.

Thank you so much for the helpful reply! I got an email two weeks ago that they received and are actively reviewing my app. But I haven't heard anything back since then. Is this a bad sign? This early in the cycle and they are still reviewing my application? It's been two weeks. I'm getting really nervous. I emailed some staff and they said I should hear back by the end of the month though. But as of right now, nothing...

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for the helpful reply! I got an email two weeks ago that they received and are actively reviewing my app. But I haven't heard anything back since then. Is this a bad sign? This early in the cycle and they are still reviewing my application? It's been two weeks. I'm getting really nervous. I emailed some staff and they said I should hear back by the end of the month though. But as of right now, nothing...

You're jumping the gun. Relax.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't get any invites until October, so I wouldn't worry about a lack of invites in early August. Different programs have different rates at which they review things. The program with same day turn around was brand new and didn't even have accreditation until the summer after I applied. They probably had fewer applications to sort through.

I had a friend who heard back and interviewed later than me. Her application was much better than mine (tech experience/bachelors degree vs no experience/prereqs). I don't think time frame necessarily indicates preference.

Reactions: 1 user