How long did you study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carbohydrates

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just hoping to get some views and motivation to study. I have about a week left until the test, and I'm mentally checked out. I don't feel good about the materials at all.
I was wondering how long did you study for your test? How many hours a day? 1-3?3-5?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should look up some breakdowns. I think most people studied for about 8 weeks 8 hours a day...that's what I'm doing now.

I studied about 3-5 hours total a day mostly (sometimes only 1 hour and a probably 6 hours a day the week before) for about 2 months. It varies per person. The stress, however, lasted 24/7.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did around 5-8 hours a day depending on the subject for 8 weeks, with Sunday as an off day. You will feel checked out, I know I did a couple times, but it's all about pushing your limits to the extreme and really working your self. At the end of the day, if you can say you did everything in your capability to succeed and you trust yourself and are confident going into the test, you are bound to come out on top.

I studied for about ten hours a day for three weeks before my test and I got a 20 AA and 24 PAT. I'm a crammer so that's just my style of studying. If I were you I would run through destroyer as many times as possible before your test. Find that motivation to study.

3 weeks before my exam I started from 10am - 9pm and 11pm-1am with short 10 minutes breaks where needed.
Before that I studied 6-7 hours a day. But more importantly you want to make sure you're doing quality studying.

3 weeks before my exam I started from 10am - 9pm and 11pm-1am with short 10 minutes breaks where needed.
Before that I studied 6-7 hours a day. But more importantly you want to make sure you're doing quality studying.

Couldn't agree more about the quality of studying. It can be very overwhelming trying to absorb so much information and sometimes you just have to take quick breaks. Whenever I felt like I wasn't retaining anything, I would go outside and chip golf balls. I would suggest doing something that takes you outside and makes you move around a little bit.

The first month I have been studying for about 6 hours/day. With several days of slacking off with friends and eating out.
After the first month, I buckled down to 8 hours/day with only few days off.
The last week and half, which is almost close to two months now.. I have been studying for about 12 hours/day.

I felt like I was checking out with about a week to go too. I took a day off to myself and it really recharged me where I was able to push through the last few days. After the break for a day, I did about 8-10 hours the last few days, and although I planned for resting the day before, I'm the type that needs to study up until the test, and I pulled out a 12 hour, productive study day. Whatever works best for you, but keep pushing -- you're almost there!