General Admissions & OTCAS How likely is it to get into a program with a missing prereq?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bee512

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are some schools that I'm applying to that have 1 or 2 prereq courses that I have not taken yet. I was wondering if anyone has been provisionally accepted into a program without having all the prereqs completed and what the school requested that you do. I'm not sure if I should attempt to apply to these schools or just focus on the schools that I have all the prereqs for. The missing prereq would be the intro to soc or anth prereq and I've already graduated from undergrad so I would have to take the course at a comm college.

Members don't see this ad.

When in doubt ask the school. I was accepted and was able to complete a pre req I was missing over the summer before the start of the program this fall. I also had already graduated and took it at a community college. I then had to send a copy of that transcript after the course was completed. Another school I looked at wanted all of them done before the deadline. I would just ask and see what they say.