How hard is the pcat material wise?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stabler22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've done the Kaplan, Collins, and Pearson tests. Collins seems to be the "easiest" in terms of one step questions for each subunit. Kaplan was horrible. Pearson is good and I have gotten in the 80-99 composite for everything except reading (although I did use a couple explanations to get the correct answer on 3-4 questions a piece). Anyway I have a 4.0 in undergrad but I'm still stressing so hard. What are my honest chances of doing really good?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Stabler,

I totally agree with everything you mentioned regarding the practice tests offered by those, mostly used, references. And I cant stress enough how much I agree on the level of difficulty of each of them. I did exactly like you on everything, and terrible on the CR. One thing to mention is that I did better on the CR offered by Kaplan than Pearson's, which is crazy, if you ask me, coming from the overall level of difficulty. I rested the Kaplan practice test, and I will try my luck tomorrow to see if I got any better lol

I have a GPA of 3.85, 2+ years of pharmacy experience, Dean's List, Phi Theta Kappa, Higher Honers Associate Degree in Health Science, and more honor societies, YET I am as stressed as you are, maybe even more lol

Not much of a help I did here, but just to show you that we are in this together :/

I am taking the test July 18th, and I will keep you posted.

Good luck!

Kaplan mirrors the actual test, however when I took it I noticed some questions from the practice pearson exam were on there verbatim .

It varies alot. Actual test have multiple form for each section. Some form are more difficult than others. Just be honest with yourself on the pearsons exams.