how hard is it to get H1b hospitalist job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Optoed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm currently on an H1 visa at an IM program. I'm wondering how hard it is to look for a hospitalist position that would sponsor H1. Is it as limiting as applying for residency? I know the Trump policies are really not helping...
I'm interested in the Southeast (Florida/Carolinas/Georgia)

thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it is difficult to get a H1-B hospitalist job. Hospitalist jobs are dime a dozen and many hospitals would prefer a H-1B who will be guaranteed to stay for a while. It's probably harder to find a 'good' hospitalist job where you don't work your butt off and want a prime location. Yet still you search well you should find those too.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think it is difficult to get a H1-B hospitalist job. Hospitalist jobs are dime a dozen and many hospitals would prefer a H-1B who will be guaranteed to stay for a while. It's probably harder to find a 'good' hospitalist job where you don't work your butt off and want a prime location. Yet still you search well you should find those too.

thanks so much for the reply!