How does the supplementary application process work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drshen

Harvard School of Dental Medicine
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently submitted the primary ADEA AADSAS application to 9 schools and paid the fees under the "Submit Application" tab. What do I do next? Am I supposed to mail/pay online the supplemental fees for each school and then they send me the supplemental materials? Or do I wait to be contacted by them?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! It depends on each school. SOme you have to go searching for, some are sent to you right away. Its VERY confusing. I'm at the tail end of the process...message me if you have any more questions specifically. If you post the list of schools you applied to I can let you know where to find supplemental material if I have also applied to same school.

Reactions: 1 users
Might be a dumb question, but do schools look at our application only AFTER we submit our secondary/supplements?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just going to ask thus here instead of posting a new thread.

1. Does Iowa have a secondary application? I've looked on their website, so I'm either blind or they don't have anything listed on it.

2. When it asks for a photo, what exactly are they looking for. Creighton secondary asks for passport style photo. I have a passport photo, so will that work (I'm wearing everyday clothes and not smiling), or do they want a professional style photo where I'm wearing a dress shirt and tie (which I don't have)?

I'm just going to ask thus here instead of posting a new thread.

1. Does Iowa have a secondary application? I've looked on their website, so I'm either blind or they don't have anything listed on it.

2. When it asks for a photo, what exactly are they looking for. Creighton secondary asks for passport style photo. I have a passport photo, so will that work (I'm wearing everyday clothes and not smiling), or do they want a professional style photo where I'm wearing a dress shirt and tie (which I don't have)?
I applied to Iowa and from what I understand they only send a supp. if invited for an interview. So, i still haven't paid mine either.

For the second part, UDM asked for a passport photo, and most schools want that not an 8x11 portrait of you lol. I would suggest a nice shirt for the photo and smile, if possible. they will barely see what shirt your wearing either way. its 2x2.

I applied to Iowa and from what I understand they only send a supp. if invited for an interview. So, i still haven't paid mine either.

For the second part, UDM asked for a passport photo, and most schools want that not an 8x11 portrait of you lol. I would suggest a nice shirt for the photo and smile, if possible. they will barely see what shirt your wearing either way. its 2x2.

For UDM, we have to mail a physical 2x2 photo, correct? Do we just pop in the photo in an envelope along with the money order?

For UDM, we have to mail a physical 2x2 photo, correct? Do we just pop in the photo in an envelope along with the money order?
Yeah, that's what I did. On the website or email they tell you exactly what need to go be written. Like for the photo you have to sign the back and put ur CAS ID #.