How do you manage when you are sick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VolibearMain

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Understanding that med school is a huge volume of material that requires almost daily attention and when you have the flu you just want to lie in bed and do nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

I remember I had such a bad flu one time that I was practically bed ridden for three days. It happens. We're not robots. You just try your best and if you can grind it out then do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I've been getting sick over the last couple of days and I have a micro exam, three biomechanics quizzes, and a physical medicine and rehabilitation midterm this week.

I intend to just stay home (until exam time), keep popping pills, and hope that whatever this is doesn't impact my mental function too much. It happens. But you really can't afford to take more than a couple of days off (depending on your schedule) before it'll start impacting your grades.

I suppose it depends on your school and specific professors too though. Some schools are probably more lenient than others and some professors are definitely more forgiving than others with dropping grades or letting someone take a quiz or exam a day or two late.

All in all, there's no great solution. You just manage the best you can I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I like to keep moving, just give myself longer time to sleep... I've never stayed home from class, but most schools I visited have recorded lectures, so maybe I'll take some sick days.

I had many days where I didn't study at all. Don't worry you'll be fine, it's tough but it's not that tough.

Reactions: 1 user
Meds+Oj+H2O+Sleep+Netflix= :ninja:

And, if you're rich and famous you can try this:

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 4.33.45 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user