General Admissions & OTCAS How do I list a future pre req for just one school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYY13251

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to a school (after this, I can hit submit to all of my schools on OTCAS!), and I need to take a Kinesiology class and if I get in to this one school, I am going to take it at that school before the program starts. On there site it says

It is necessary to indicate courses in progress or planned on the Occupational Therapy Centralized Application Service (OTCAS) application.

But where would I put this? Would i go through the process of putting in this school under the College section and say that I am taking it there next summer? But then every other school will see that and this is only if i go to this school. None of my schools nearby offer Kine so i have to wait until next summer. I am just not sure how to tell inform them of that. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

So what I did was just add the school to "Academic History". Added the school and class. Said I will be taking Kinesiology Summer June - August 2018.. Still not sure if that is the right thing to do. Now every other school I am applying too will see that I plan on taking Kine at a random school next summer. Not sure if it would turn schools off or if i should just delete it and assume the school knows I know that I need it... AH!

Don't delete the course, it's necessary to show that you are taking it. I have courses that count toward an non-otcas credit that is listed on otcas. Honestly my best guess is the schools look at the overall gpa they want to see (i.e. overall, last 60hrs etc) and then calculate the courses for the pre-reqs of that school. They will not care about other future courses.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools have you match your classes to their pre-req's in the program materials section, so maybe they just pay attention to those.

Most schools have you match your classes to their pre-req's in the program materials section, so maybe they just pay attention to those.

I called OTCAS about a question after I submitted my application and I asked about the prereq and they said I was right to do that. I wasn't sure so I figured I would ask and if it was wrong, maybe they would help. But they said I am good. Everything is submitted. Just waiting for them to get 2 more transcripts and the rest of my evaluators to submit the stuff!... and then... I wait

I called OTCAS about a question after I submitted my application and I asked about the prereq and they said I was right to do that. I wasn't sure so I figured I would ask and if it was wrong, maybe they would help. But they said I am good. Everything is submitted. Just waiting for them to get 2 more transcripts and the rest of my evaluators to submit the stuff!... and then... I wait

Awesome! It's good that you've submitted your applications so early. Unfortunately I am still accruing observation hours but should be done by mid September. I should have them submitted no later than the end of September. Good luck to you! I will be playing the waiting game soon as well.