How burned out are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How burned out are you?

• Total voters
Very

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
So those of you who feel burnt out what's your plan? Do you have an exit strategy? Or are you fortunate enough to be near the end of your career? I too feel very burnt out but I have a long way to go.

Accumulate FANG stocks

Reactions: 1 users
So those of you who feel burnt out what's your plan? Do you have an exit strategy? Or are you fortunate enough to be near the end of your career? I too feel very burnt out but I have a long way to go.

Anesthesia seems like an awesome option right now. I still do some anesthesia on weekends. 1-2 days a month and I really look forward to it.

Why not change gears for a year and pick back up if you miss it?

I don't have an exit strategy. I'll work until I die.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got back on Monday from an awesome week long cruise. Prior to that I was getting pretty burnt out. I can actually sense that I'm being more empathetic again with my patients.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
From reading the board it seems that there is alot of burn out despite different practice settings. I have to say I am less burned out as a solo doc than I was as an employee in a Pain group or a Spine surgery group. On the other hand I probably only have 5 years of full-time left in the tank. I anticipate a very long semi-retirement working part time.

I would say I am more bored then burned out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Perhaps its time to brush-up on my anesthesia skills and go to an update course. It has been close to 9 years. Has anyone gone back to anesthesia after a long hiatus?

Working on getting another board certification and shifting focus a little.

I would say I am more bored then burned out.

I would agree with bored w/r/t the job itself. I'm not bored with patients telling me how awesome I am and getting paid well for it while doing workups and procedures that I barely need to think about at this point.

I like my challenges in places other than where I draw my paycheck. For example, figuring out acoustic compensations for my rec room while simultaneously auditioning new hifi speakers and a class-b amp is challenging stuff ;)

Reactions: 2 users