How bad is it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sagat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am currently doing my training and I really enjoy pathology. However, the uncertainty of what comes after training keeps me up at night. How bad is the job market? What helps a Jr pathologist in finding a good position? How much would one make on average after doing a surgical specialty training?.

Members don't see this ad.

This question has been asked thousands of times. Pathology, like all specialties, has downsides. For us, this includes commoditization and a chronically horrible job situation. it's your job to determine what your priorities are.

It's decent for good candidates I think, based on our current experience (we have a job ad out, and some of the applicants indicate they have multiple other job offers and/or interviews). But I don't think it's very good for below-average candidates, since we got a bunch of applications that weren't qualified or appropriate.

"Chronically horrible" - no. You could use the words oversupplied or something like that, but I wouldn't use horrible.

Reactions: 1 users