Program-Specific Info / Q's How are my chances of getting into NYU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do i have a chance of getting into NYU?

• Yes

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

collegestudent1216

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Major: Public Health
Minor Psych
Overall GPA:3.58
Pre-req GPA: 3.66
(Planning on retaking 1 class that if i get an A in will bring it up to 3.76)
75 Hours at hospital's general OT department, 120 hours at the hand therapy clinic of the hospital for special surgery, 100 hours at a pediatric sensory gym, 50 hours at a skilled nursing facility

NYU is my dream school, what can i do to improve my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
NYU is the hardest school to judge but you're in a frat which means you're a guy which means you're getting into every school you apply to (half kidding half serious... but mostly serious).

Reactions: 3 users
Major: Public Health
Minor Psych
Overall GPA:3.58
Pre-req GPA: 3.66
(Planning on retaking 1 class that if i get an A in will bring it up to 3.76)
75 Hours at hospital's general OT department, 120 hours at the hand therapy clinic of the hospital for special surgery, 100 hours at a pediatric sensory gym, 50 hours at a skilled nursing facility

Extras: Vice president of Medlife for 2 years, Brother of Alpha Phi Omega (national service fraternity) active for 4 semesters, Oral proficiency leader for 2 semesters, academic tutor for 2 semesters, member of OT club.

NYU is my dream school, what can i do to improve my chances?

I recently obtained admission into the NYU program and I think one of the main reasons why I got in was not because of my GPA, but the activities I did outside the classroom. Sell yourself as much as you can and show the admission committee that you like to challenge yourself by your experiences that were not in the classroom. If not already, get experiences outside of your comfort zone. Also, make sure you write a really good essay since NYU does not to do interviews so they rely on that. I am a white male from the Midwest and NYU wants a diverse cohort so that helped me get in. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently obtained admission into the NYU program and I think one of the main reasons why I got in was not because of my GPA, but the activities I did outside the classroom. Sell yourself as much as you can and show the admission committee that you like to challenge yourself by your experiences that were not in the classroom. If not already, get experiences outside of your comfort zone. Also, make sure you write a really good essay since NYU does not to do interviews so they rely on that. I am a white male from the Midwest and NYU wants a diverse cohort so that helped me get in. Hope that helps!

Nice. That is really good advice.

NYU is the hardest school to judge but you're in a frat which means you're a guy which means you're getting into every school you apply to (half kidding half serious... but mostly serious).

I'm Asian and male. A minority in the United States and a minority in OT. I AM SO GETTING IN EVERYWHERE!!! Lol jk, but I have heard that being male sort of increase the chances. By what numbers? Who knows. If they are starting to try to get 50:50 male:female ratios, then that is quite the good outlook for men. I will ask that question to the schools I apply to.

Nice. That is really good advice.

I'm Asian and male. A minority in the United States and a minority in OT. I AM SO GETTING IN EVERYWHERE!!! Lol jk, but I have heard that being male sort of increase the chances. By what numbers? Who knows. If they are starting to try to get 50:50 male:female ratios, then that is quite the good outlook for men. I will ask that question to the schools I apply to.

yes, you are! congratulations.