General Admissions & OTCAS Hofstra University OT Program Fall 2015/Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SheLovesOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied or been accepted to Hofstra new Occupational Therapy Program? (Could you also post stats?)

If so, why?.......If I'm not mistaken, the program won't know if it's accredited prior to graduation of the inaugural class.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm considering applying for next year, but only this year (2015) is up. To be honest, my school app decisions right now are 1. Does it require the GRE? (then I'm not applying, I'm not spending 200 on the test) 2. Is it in the northeast or west? 3. Is it 2.5 years or less, (with 2 years preferred?) 4. Do I have a decent shot of getting in? If it got to this step, it's unlikely it won't be accredited. So no, I'm not worried.

I am applying to Hofstra for fall 2016 because if this is the only school I get into, I might seriously consider going.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not yet. The fall 2015 admissions is still open through OTCAS.

I have a question about Hofstra! I emailed them for " extra information" and in the email it says they will know if they receive accreditation status before the first class graduates. However, what happens if you spend time (not to mention $$) in an OT program that might not receive accreditation? Are you able to sit for the board exam? Is all of that time/money completely put to waste? I am interested in hofstra, but confused on how they intend to draw in students when they can't guarantee accreditation until that class is already set in the program.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear from Hofstra for Fall 2016 or know when we should hear something???

i havent, but if you go to their website they have their webinar videos up. In those it says when we should hear things- she said in december is the earliest for interview invites, they are also only taking 20 students!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! It was individual, It was relaxed and I felt really comfortable talking with Dr. Countee, she asked me basic questions that you can find if you just google "OT grad school interview questions" and then I was able to ask questions at the end!

Thanks! It was individual, It was relaxed and I felt really comfortable talking with Dr. Countee, she asked me basic questions that you can find if you just google "OT grad school interview questions" and then I was able to ask questions at the end!

Nice :)

Is Dr. Countee the only person in the OT Department that anyone has had contact with? I'm trying to just make sure my file is complete which doesn't seem like an appropriate question to bother her with but I can't find a general OT admission department number to call. Has anyone contacted the OT department? How did you determine your application was complete or being reviewed? Thanks!

Is Dr. Countee the only person in the OT Department that anyone has had contact with? I'm trying to just make sure my file is complete which doesn't seem like an appropriate question to bother her with but I can't find a general OT admission department number to call. Has anyone contacted the OT department? How did you determine your application was complete or being reviewed? Thanks!

I emailed them afterwards making sure my supplemental application fee was recieved and that gave me an indicator that they had everything. When did you apply? Its rolling so theyre still looking at tons of apps!

I emailed them afterwards making sure my supplemental application fee was recieved and that gave me an indicator that they had everything. When did you apply? Its rolling so theyre still looking at tons of apps!

Thanks @calling4color that's a great suggestion. I wanted to make personal contact but email is probably more convenient. I applied mid January so I'm sure I will have to wait a bit before I hear back.

Last edited:
Thanks @calling4color that's a great suggestion. I wanted to make personal contact but email is probably more convenient. I applied January 15th so I'm sure I will have to wait a bit before I hear back anything.
Definitely, i applied november 16th which is why i heard back so much sooner. I wouldnt worry too much but emailing is a good idea!

I'm so confused if it's acredited or not?

it will be accredited - the school obviously has the resources to be able to do so- and they are accredited in 19 programs which only 100 colleges are in the country for that amount- she basically said its not something to worry about at all

I officially recieved my
Acceptance email today!

I interviewed on january 12th!
helo calliong4color, i will have in interview at the end of this motnhs. can you please tell me dome of the question they didi to you at hofstra and did you have to wirte on site essay?

I applied by mid January and they call me for an interview . It will held at the end of this month

Did anyone get accepted / accept their offer into Hofstra?

Has anyone still not heard anything from Hofstra yet?

Has anyone still not heard anything from Hofstra yet?
I applied in november and interviewed in january and thats because they were interested in me -becsuse i seemed interested in them. i kept emailing them to make sure they got everything and to put my name out there. I think you should do the same, email them with questions and state your interest

I applied in november and interviewed in january and thats because they were interested in me -becsuse i seemed interested in them. i kept emailing them to make sure they got everything and to put my name out there. I think you should do the same, email them with questions and state your interest

Did you get accepted ?

Hello, did you have an interview? I have not heard anything yet

I applied in January and called the other day asking about the status of my application and they said to wait another 10 days. (Other than that I had not heard anything)

I applied in January and called the other day asking about the status of my application and they said to wait another 10 days. (Other than that I had not heard anything)
I had an interview in the beginning of April but since then I haven't heard from them

So excited that I was accepted into the OT program for Fall 2016!

Hi everyone!
I accepted the offer a couple of weeks ago and was wondering who else will be starting this fall 2016
I'm from Cleveland, Ohio so if anyone else is looking for roommates, I'm very clean and laid back :)
Also who else is taking the pre-ot course during summer session 2?

Hey, I interviewed for Hofstra early April and accepted my offer! I am enrolled for HPR 130 and the Kinesiology course this summer. Hope to meet you all soon!

Contacted hofstra today and they said to wait another 1-2 weeks to review my application. If I don't have an interview, does that mean I don't get in?