Here is another problem:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

We get upset with the idea that midlevels will one day gain total practice rights. But, some doctors are training their staffs to tell patients that midlevels can do everything their doctors can. Here is an example: an MS 3 is looking for a PCP, and her brother had been calling doctors offices to help her find one. An office manager at one of the offices he called told him that the Nurse Practioner can do everything that the Family doctor does.

Members don't see this ad.

We get upset with the idea that midlevels will one day gain total practice rights. But, some doctors are training their staffs to tell patients that midlevels can do everything their doctors can. Here is an example: an MS 3 is looking for a PCP, and her brother had been calling doctors offices to help her find one. An office manager at one of the offices he called told him that the Nurse Practioner can do everything that the Family doctor does.

ODNS_primarycare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Physicians are their worst enemies because they want to make quick cash... However, I can understand why so many of them are hiring mid level... I heard they make 65k+ on every mid level that work for them. That 300k student loan gotta be paid somehow...

Members don't see this ad :)
Physicians are their worst enemies because they want to make quick cash... However, I can understand why so many of them are hiring mid level... I heard they make 65k+ on every mid level that work for them.

Hard to say, since it would depend on a great number of variables (location, payer mix, fee schedule, productivity, overhead, benefits, etc.) As long as it's done right, however, midlevels should generate additional revenue for their employer(s).

How hiring a physician assistant or nurse practitioner could ease a physician’s work load, increase take-home pay, and more

Hiring midlevels is understandable. But, not wanting them to have independent practice rights and telling patients they can do "everything" is a big contradiction.

Reactions: 1 user