Hepatology research for GI fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hiliter

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, have some confusion regarding research for GI fellowships. I know traditionally hepatology is with GI but it seems to my understanding there is some separate distinction between the two. Would doing hepatology research with the intent of going to GI be as good as doing 'GI research'? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, have some confusion regarding research for GI fellowships. I know traditionally hepatology is with GI but it seems to my understanding there is some separate distinction between the two. Would doing hepatology research with the intent of going to GI be as good as doing 'GI research'? Thanks!

yes. don't overthink it.

There's no distinction between the two, "GI fellowship" is Gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowship. If you want to do general GI/Hep, then any research within the field is appropriate. On other hand if you think you want to do IBD, then hep is prob not an ideal research area for you.