HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soon2bDPTx3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sort of confused with the whole application process. I am planning to apply during the next cycle 2017-2018, and am unsure how much time I actually have. I plan on taking the GRE in July. I realize that most of the applications are due early October, but I just am unsure of how soon after the cycle opens I should have my application in by.

Also, in regards to pre-reqs...
I am going into my senior year and two of the pre-reqs required for the schools I plan to apply to I am taking this fall (physics 2 and ochem). How bad will this hurt my chances since I am applying this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

You should e-submit as soon as the application opens because it can take up to 6 weeks for ptcas to process, you don't have to send in gre scores references, or observation hours before you e-submit.
As for pre req double check each school on their policy for outstanding pre reqs usually you can find this in the ptcas directory of schools. Finally which school requires orgo? Usually its general Chem.

apply as soon as you can! work on that essay and personal statement because those can take a while to formulate a good cohesive piece of writing. Also which school requires Ochem?

Members don't see this ad :)
You should e-submit as soon as the application opens because it can take up to 6 weeks for ptcas to process, you don't have to send in gre scores references, or observation hours before you e-submit.
As for pre req double check each school on their policy for outstanding pre reqs usually you can find this in the ptcas directory of schools. Finally which school requires orgo? Usually its general Chem.
Thank you! and a few schools I have been looking at require an advanced/specialized chemistry.