Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CogSciPhilosophyGuy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am a senior undergraduate psychology/neuroscience major. Currently I am prepping to take the GRE for a second time. I'm wondering if anyone out there has some solid advice for ways to improve quantitative score. For some reason, I can't seem to get my quant score above the 154-156 range, regardless of how much I study (I've spent months prepping). Yet, I have excelled in every college math course I've taken (at or near the top of my class and approaching 100%). It's just something about the way the problems are presented that does not compute in my brain. I'm trying to get into a top ranked cognitive science/psychology/neuroscience program and my verbal scores are good (165). If anyone has any ideas for how I can hike my score up in a month, I would appreciate the feedback. I've read that some people are formula people and some people are shortcut people--I am definitely more of a formula person. That is, if I know the formula of the equation I'm trying to solve, I have no issues. But when it comes to deciphering what to do from a convoluted math problem designed to trick test takers, I get lost. HELP!!! Thank you all!!

Members don't see this ad.