MD & DO Help with school list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hi there! I've been looking into schools to apply to and was wondering if anyone could help me look at my list/give some suggestions. I was thinking of applying to 15-20 schools and wasn't sure if I should apply to more based on my stats to apply broadly.

MCAT: 505
cGPA: 3.38
sGPA: 3.33
State of residence: Michigan
Leadership: positions in two organizations
Clinical experiences: volunteering in free clinic(1 semester) and working with kids with disabilities for the past 3 years.
Currently in gap year working with kids with disabilities and as a daycare teacher.

School list:
MSUCOM
MSUCHM
Central
Western
Oakland
Albany
Rush
CCOM
CUCOM
ACOM
MUCOM
WVSOM
LMUCOM
LECOM
KCUCOM

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can delete Rush and Albany since your stats are not competitive for those schools. Add a few more DO schools such as UP-KYCOM and VCOM (all3 schools).

I suggest:

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Netter

Your state school(s).

Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

Hi there! I've been looking into schools to apply to and was wondering if anyone could help me look at my list/give some suggestions. I was thinking of applying to 15-20 schools and wasn't sure if I should apply to more based on my stats to apply broadly.

MCAT: 505
cGPA: 3.38
sGPA: 3.33
State of residence: Michigan
Leadership: positions in two organizations
Clinical experiences: volunteering in free clinic(1 semester) and working with kids with disabilities for the past 3 years.
Currently in gap year working with kids with disabilities and as a daycare teacher.

School list:
MSUCOM
MSUCHM
Central
Western
Oakland
Albany
Rush
CCOM
CUCOM
ACOM
MUCOM
WVSOM
LMUCOM
LECOM
KCUCOM

Thanks!

You can delete Rush and Albany since your stats are not competitive for those schools. Add a few more DO schools such as UP-KYCOM and VCOM (all3 schools).

I suggest:

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Netter

Your state school(s).

Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

Okay, thank you both for your help! Much appreciated!! :)